1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Any place with an internet connection...

2. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

The pinch is what is causing the dimple. The other trick is to make sure you tie is in a W shape as you do this. Ties tend to have a bit of "memory" so its somewhat important to try and get it right at the start of the tie's life . I'll explain more in person if someone reminds me.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

How Droll

I thought that seeing this is the 21st Century I could engage with the real as opposed to the virtual and secure them at a) reasonable cost b) immediate gratification.

4. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

Pick A or B.

5. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I submit you might have had better luck in the 20th Century.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I got an e-mail from the P.Johnson marketing list this morning which advised that they are now selling rather short, Italian swimming shorts for $225 a pair!

The e-mail contained a rather boastful panegyric on the hotel that Patrick Johnson normally stays at when in Italy, in which he waxed lyrical about the accommodation and the qualities of the town, before inviting people to spend a large chunk of money on some polyester bathers.

I like some of the things that P.Johnson does, but I think that this is stretching it (both literally and metaphorically).

7. elvish

elvish Senior member

thanks - i'll remind you.

and romp, i'll be sure to check it out next week when I'm back, and tell my friends. good news indeed. what coffee machine is he using btw? A La Marzocco? Also, what brand beans?

8. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Unless you have perfectly proportioned feet, there will always be a place for going into a shop and trying on the shoes. Yes, you can go and buy them on-line, but with something like loafers I'm not sure the economics would stack up.

You could try DJ's home brand Milana. Someone mentioned thema few pages back. I have a pair in a sandy coulour. Perfectly okay. I bought them on spesh and was happy with the price. I seem to remember that the full price might have been a bit high for this type of foot-wear. Anyway, you can have a look - I think they always stock them.

9. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

:nodding: I hear you

10. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Fratelli Rossetti (sometimes) isn't bad (on sale for <300ish) either, if we are talking things you can buy in australia.

11. Romp

Romp Senior member

Thanks opens Monday. Brown suede loafers I can only think of c&j Sydney's (they came in polo suede right?) at the herringbone store

Behind LV on York St side

lol you should drop in at the launch party.. Probably be all your people there ;)

12. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Someone bought a pair off the Johnson website, they didn't fit, so they sold them on ebay :).

13. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

OK so much for the shoes what about a good barber? someone in the CBD who can cut hair and do a decent trim on a bead? And this I can't go virtual.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  14. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

I use the Demon Barber in Lilyfield/Victoria road. So if you are an Inner Westy, I would highly suggest them.

They have been doing mens only for yuppies and FxHs, for a very long time.

15. dsvelte

dsvelte Member

I work on 70 King, I'll be sure to check it out.

The whole strip along King is looking much better now. Marimekko just opened next door (great for gifts), the Hugo Boss flagship is open, Dior is opening its doors soon, T M Lewin is on the old Burberry site... just a shame that when Darrell Lea went belly-up the iconic deco store opposite LV and Apple became a convenience store. Like Sydney CBD needs more of those.

Now all they need to do is pedestrianise George St so Sydney feels more like an international city and not a freeway with a Westfield dropped dead centre.

16. eightace

eightace Senior member

Try Enrico Santi on Pitt St, just opposite World Square. I reckon I saw some in there today.

17. apropos

apropos Senior member

That P. Johnson email was a little difficult to read with a straight face...

18. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Quote:
    MS, thought l recognised you...
    [​IMG]

19. Romp

Romp Senior member

http://www.grandroyalbarbers.com.au/ have good reviews

20. Romp

Romp Senior member

Delano Coffee - A small boutique roaster down south - I wanted him to go with Double Roasters (its what i use at home) but alas he found these guys.

Machine is Dalla Corte I believe - Made in Milan and official SCAE world latte art championship machine of choice. I think only Delano has access to these here in Oz.

Milk I think is Riverina Fresh

Grinder Mazzer

More importantly the Barista was deliberately poached from a popular sydney cafe.

Ill be keen to see how the coffees turn out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.