• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is something that others have raised on this thread in the past, but it seems that the stinginess of many on the B&S thread has also fallen into poor manners. I've removed the name because I don't want to identify the sender of this message, but I couldn't believe this tactless message I received last night:

I think that making an offer is perfectly acceptable. But, the way this guy comes across as curt - I don't even think his comment warrants a response.

Not sure whether the curtness was intentional though. Some people come across that way in writing without meaning to.

I was just thinking he's got skewed priorities - if all he has is $300, has has bigger issues than getting a tux.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that making an offer is perfectly acceptable. But, the way this guy comes across as curt - I don't even think his comment warrants a response.

What a shocker. Sounds like someone trying to score.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meanwhile mine are still stuck in Barcelona (for 11 days now........). Apparently sent without a commercial invoice. Bloody nice though Rob.

Yes, they look really nice man!
Nice!

Sexy waist.
(The shoes, not Rob.)

Lovely Adelaides, Rob! What are the trousers you've got on?

Thanks all. These are so much more comfy than my classic's on the Hiro last. I just keep taking breaks and walking around the office (or should i say skating?) Ill need to rough them in outside soon

Steel toe cap is perfectly flush too.

Gezza - trousers are pjohnson, 2 inch cuff no less. Your recently purchase is in the same cloth.

BTW - Im going to sell my black plain toe cap 9UK Robert Last Carmina's for sure now. They were too big on me. Bought in the Carmina Paris store at the start of the year and worn ~15 times. Ive put steel toe caps as the toe started to show a bit of wear. Ill photograph them one day soon.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW - Im going to sell my black plain toe cap 9UK Robert Last Carmina's for sure now. They were too big on me. Bought in the Carmina Paris store at the start of the year and worn ~15 times. Ive put steel toe caps as the toe started to show a bit of wear. Ill photograph them one day soon.

can u do $50? its all i gots at the moment

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a shocker. Sounds like someone trying to score.

Here is one i got not long ago for an IWC I was selling

'hi , i really want it all i have is 2ooo . i will ask my mum in the morning if she can spot more . its for my birthday . '

Last edited:

louiseos

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was lucky enough to win a $1,000 Barneys New York Gift Card in their e-mail sweepstakes a few months back. I had hoped to make a trip to the US (I'm in Australia at the moment) and treat myself to some new pieces for my wardrobe, however the imminent arrival of baby number 1 has somewhat changed that priority!

Was thinking of holding on to it in the event that we do go Stateside in the next 6-12 months or so, however I also figure the cash would probably be helpful with the new and unexpected costs we have for baby.

If you are interested in buying this and saving yourself some cash, please send me a PM to make me an offer. No reasonable offer refused.

Thanks & have a great day,

Louise :)

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
^ Going to the states pretty soon. I will literally give you 10 whole Australian dollars for it.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL - nice one, Ben. And well played Prince of Paisley - got a fair chuckle out of that.

eightace

Reaction score
I'm assuming that's what was happening when I was in Europe recently where they often asked me if I wanted to pay in Australian dollars or the local currency. I always said local, which I knew would be the cheaper option with my card. No doubt DCC slugs you a conversion fee plus gives you a lousy exchange rate or something?
With my card there is no fee, but the DCC exchange rate is worse than you would get using Visa/Mastercard's exchange rate, and from my belated research, I believe this is always the case. And if I understand correctly, the merchant selects the rate. So, my advice is, when you're buying something OS on your card, make sure you tell them not to use DCC.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just spotted Rob's adelaides. they look so sweet. though, once the steel cap wears out, you'll need to find a cobbler that can find the right cap/custom make it. or have meermin send you a batch of 20 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads