Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fxh

fxh Senior member

Bluo - very old skool.

Mix one part water, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide (grab it at the chemist) in a basin until it is turned into paste. Apply the paste mixture onto the stains using a soft bristle toothbrush and let it sit for 25 minutes. Afterwards, rinse the paste off thoroughly or launder.

Thats pretty much Napisan from what little I know

2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

As promised, a self portrait wearing some of the new clobber

Suit: Herringbone
    Shirt: CW
    Tie: New HC plum grenadine
    PS: New HC Blue printed silk
    Not seen: Loake 1880 Black oxfords (New Meermins have been stuck in Barcelona for 1 week....)

3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Love that tie and handkerchief!

Is CW going to be used for shirts and HC going to be used for accessories?

4. Henry Carter

Thanks man. CW in this instance stands for cottonwork. HC will still be used across the board, the cutaway collar I'm doing will be fairly similar to this though.

The square has really grown on me in the last week. The pattern through it is a kind of rust/plum/maroon and works well across heaps of the new colours.

5. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

my meermins are in sydney! :)

6. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Just buy online. It tends to work out more often than not!

7. eightace

eightace Senior member

Hi gents,

Just returned from a trip OS which included a stopover at KL on Saturday. Spent an hour or two at P.Lal. Quite an amazing shop. Bought two pairs, some nice Cheaney monkstraps in chestnut calf and some C&J Connaughts, also in chestnut calf. It's a shame that C&J are no longer supplying P.Lal, but probably just as well for my wallet's sake.

Now, something I learned a little too late on this trip is something called [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Dynamic Currency Conversion, which is important essential to know about when using your credit card OS. I hadn't come across it before, but it sucks, and you should avoid it if you can. I don't know how you do this, I just assume you tell the merchant not to use it. I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's experience of this when shopping overseas.[/FONT]

Anyway, pics tomorrow.

Eightace

8. lennier

lennier Senior member

I'm assuming that's what was happening when I was in Europe recently where they often asked me if I wanted to pay in Australian dollars or the local currency. I always said local, which I knew would be the cheaper option with my card. No doubt DCC slugs you a conversion fee plus gives you a lousy exchange rate or something?

9. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

I hardly ever use my debit card overseas. Just carry cash. I'd say that's your best bet unless you're travelling to some shithole in Eastern Europe that is.

Jason, I want to put your face on the side of a beer. You look like a well trimmed Bushranger. A very typical Australian face.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. Henry Carter

I'd be happy with that, provided of course if I can be paid with said beer. Probably helps that my beard has gotten a lot greyer in the last 6 months and I'm from the country originally (Parkes) and I suspect like many Australians, I feel most at home in the middle of nowhere. Jindabyne or a property in Batlow would be my pefect place to live (if only I could convince the Mrs!).

11. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

LOOK OUT! my meermin MTO arrived. look amazing. Id say the Olfe last is perfect for my foot (hrio slightly wide) and fits much like my C&J belgrave 337 last (albeit the toe roll is a tad narrower, the actual fit is perfect). Im very happy. OK time to plan a pair of 3 eyelet suede bluchers next on this last:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Henry Carter

Meanwhile mine are still stuck in Barcelona (for 11 days now........). Apparently sent without a commercial invoice. Bloody nice though Rob.

13. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Yes, they look really nice man!

Nice!

14. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

15. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I know this is something that others have raised on this thread in the past, but it seems that the stinginess of many on the B&S thread has also fallen into poor manners. I've removed the name because I don't want to identify the sender of this message, but I couldn't believe this tactless message I received last night:

[​IMG]

I think that making an offer is perfectly acceptable. But, the way this guy comes across as curt - I don't even think his comment warrants a response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.