1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Seem today in a Malvern antiques market. Mr Nelson's Christmas present.

[​IMG]

2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  3. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

If any of you get the chance to attend a Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert with Nobuo Uematsu I highly, highly recommend it.

Shirt: CottonOn ($20) - Surprisingly decent cotton is used.
    Chinos: Roger David ($15) - had to go a size up so they weren't so skinny.

I'd definitely recommend you guys check out Roger David for their chinos. Just go a size up and they should fit fine. Was also very surprised at the quality of CottonOn's Oxford material.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

damn that fit game is on point PFB

5. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Looks pretty freaking shmick P. Bear!

6. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Just watched Skyfall; fuck yes!!!!!
    Am I the only one who thinks Mallory dresses damn Snazzy! His shirt's seem to be perfect except I seem to hate his collar :)

7. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

I thought almost alll the outfits were great in SF.

I especially liked Craig's outfits when they weren't suits. I thought the collar gap was kind of cool too!

8. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Yeah I even liked Kincaid :) His tie was sick!
    Also guys 'Rugged Chinos' ; where would you go? More of a straight fit and more like denim than dress chinos. Right now I'm looking at Left Field's options; they're a bit on the pricey side ($40 shipping!!!) but if they wear anything like denim I'm happy! Also Romp you'll be glad to know that I'm getting the straight leg 3 sixteen's from Selfedge for Christmas (can give sizing advice) but first I need to ask them if they have any offfline stock T_T
    P.S.
    Bought the Christmas tree and kids are decorating :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  9. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Two suits from MJ Bale today. Fit perfectly.

A few more ties from HC and I'll be right for placement :)

10. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Found a few more photographs and details on sizing here in answer to my own query. It still a little unsure how it will fit around stomach and how material will hang, but those are the risks of buying online. Think if I do get one it will be the medium as measurements seem good and I like polos on the trimmer side. Still open to advice on sunspel fit though.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/sunspel/sunspel-long-sleeve-polo-61013.html#prod-info-tab1

http://www.mrporter.com/intl/sizechart.mrp?productID=317688&tab=1&exclude=true

http://www.mrporter.com/product/317687

http://www.styleforum.net/t/112659/sunspel-polo-purchase

11. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

I got smalls - I was a bit of a noob and didn't check the sizing by measuring myself, but by looking at the sizing and comparing it roughly with my sizing for other brands (O&J in particular), small seemed right. Since I'm now a small in everything (or an XS), I figured it was a safe bet.

12. Gerry Nelson

Are you after a short sleeved or long sleeved polo?

13. fxh

fxh Senior member

LEs best Chinos are the ones they call "casual chinos", nice enough highish rise, narrow legs, thick material, narrow cuff opening. But they only have one colour left THE GRAPE. Cheap. Its a nice subdued colour but awfully hard to find what it goes with easily - I wear mine with black suede DBs, and blue shirt with yellow butchers stripe _ needs a black jacket really but dark navy seems to sneak by. I'm hoping they get another lot of the casual chino in with all the old colours.

14. catpower

catpower Active Member

Nice one. I had a similar query to yours about which MJ Bale store has the best range a few pages prior. I found (to my surprise) that the Westfield store had a bigger range than the Woollahra one and ended up picking up two as well. A charcoal/grey and a navy, which with a little tailoring, should be a cracking fit. Can't wait to pick them up in a few days and give 'em a test run.

On a side note, really liked the fit out of both the MJ Bale stores. Then again, I'm probably easily impressed having only known the delights of Canberra's retail scene.

15. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Long sleeved. Thinking of ordering shortly.

Edit: Sale is on until midnight Monday UK time so going to sleep on it.

16. Gerry Nelson

Very nice and perfect for the spring and autumn weather. I've got a cream-coloured one made by Ken Barrell and it's not bad. I was wearing it today and it's perfect for the weather. I do want to get a navy or grey one at some point and the Kent Wang long sleeve polos look tempting as do those by Sunspel.

Looking forward to hearing your comments when you get it.

17. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Guys I'm looking at getting another pair of 501s. I already have an indigo pair which goes with everything but I need another and I'm not sure between a stonewash and black. I want them to wear with navy/grey blazers for wine tasting, lunches dates etc but they also need to look good worn out to a bar or nightclub with a light blue or light grey button up.

18. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I wouldn't buy jeans in any colour but indigo. Why don't you pick up some chinos instead?

19. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

20. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah I want something like this as well for summer, but it's nigh on impossible to find them in anything but skinny fits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.