• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 3ff3z8e
Actually I've got a question I wanted to ask everyone here. I've been reading quite a bit about moths being the nemesis of treasured wardrobes, but as far as I can tell most of these horror stories originate from the US of A.

I haven't been staying long enough in NSW & VIC to be able to notice, but I am curious if Australia also have a clothes eating moth issue as well?

I've found the moths in Aus much more of a problem than back home in the UK. You'll understand once you've been here through the bogong moth season (anytime now!): bastards get everywhere. I had a John Smedley sweater and a Paul Smith suit munched on before I realised.

Tarlee

Reaction score
You may resume. Purchase made.

It was a blue linen D'Urban at David Jones. Originally it was about $1100. The black model was half price (and overpriced at that -- who'd want black linen?) but the blue only about 35% off. I haggled to the satisfaction of all.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarlee
You may resume. Purchase made. It was a blue linen D'Urban at David Jones. Originally it was about $1100. The black model was half price (and overpriced at that -- who'd want black linen?) but the blue only about 35% off. I haggled to the satisfaction of all.
Buggy lined or full? So you've abandoned the chinos, burgundy bass weejuns and blue blazer? or was that some one else?

Tarlee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Buggy lined or full?

So you've abandoned the chinos, burgundy bass weejuns and blue blazer?

or was that some one else?

Yes you've got me confused on the chinos etc.

The suit is fully lined, canvassed lapels, single pleat trousers. Fit is spot on and it's a good one to wear as separates. There was only one and it happened to be 50L. Seemed like destiny.

We might be able to have that parity party by morning. Little Aussie bleeder at 27-year high against $US. It's past 99c. US sales are looking good.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Barker make this as well http://www.pediwear.co.uk/barker/products/3324.php
Many, many years ago, (think Small Faces, early Stones, The Move) I had a pair of white buck suede driving shoes, paired with red cord bell bottoms and tan suede fringed jacket. If you must go slip ons why not go tradly loafers - burgundy - I don't like the driving shoes. But then I've never owned a pair of thongs.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We might be able to have that parity party by morning. Little Aussie bleeder at 27-year high against $US. It's past 99c. US sales are looking good.
woohooo - as the young people on tweeter might say. Pity is I'm wishing to return to Netherlands and Ireland - I'm wanting the euro to tank big time. But its still holding up. USA I should perhaps consider a New Orleans / Louisiana music holiday. Or get more Lands End shirts

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick post to say that I received my Brooks Brothers trousers yesterday, and took them in to George the tailor here in Brisbane to be altered today.

I got a pair of quite bright, green chinos, and a pair of patch madras trousers.
Great summer wear and given the high Aussie dollar and the 25% Friends and Family e-voucher that I was able to use, excellent value for money.

__PG__

Reaction score
You may resume. Purchase made. It was a blue linen D'Urban at David Jones. Originally it was about $1100. The black model was half price (and overpriced at that -- who'd want black linen?) but the blue only about 35% off. I haggled to the satisfaction of all.
I tried on a D'Urban blue window-pane linen half-lined jacket at DJ's. It looked great until I tried it on...it fitted me like a sack!

Tarlee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
I tried on a D'Urban blue window-pane linen half-lined jacket at DJ's. It looked great until I tried it on...it fitted me like a sack!

Interesting. This is excellent fit -- quite slim cut and definitely wasted. I only have one other D'Urban piece, an op shop sportscoat not as slim cut but not sacklike. There are a couple of linen sportscoats on sale at the Melb story that have a particularly nice feel for linen and are in a subtle herringbone. Not bad quality at the price but not as good value as the suit.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baubridge & Kay Showroom Sale Up to 70% off a great range of product! Men's & Women's Shirts from $50 Selected Men's Suits 50% off Selected Silk Ties 50% off Selected Cufflinks 50% off Silk Cushions from $28 Silk upholstery fabrics from $25 Three day sale only - stock will sell quickly! www.bkay.com.au WHEN \tThu 14th October - Sat 16th October, 2010. WHERE \tFlagship Store Hogbin House 80 Clarence Street Sydney NSW, 2000. (02) 9290 2402 TIMES \tThu: 9.00am - 7.00pm Fri: 9.00am - 5.30pm Sat: 10am - 4.00pm PAYMENT \tCash, All Major Credit Cards, Eftpos.

elvish

Reaction score
Hey guys - new to the site and saw this thread.

Is the BKAY sale coming to Brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads