Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Just picked up 2 pairs of CJs thinking they were US11.. they were UK11 [​IMG]

2. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Ouch...where from and what styles? I presume you'll be returning them?

3. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

They were a forum buy. Obviously my fault for getting over stimulated and not reading properly [​IMG] Sent from a member in the states Spectators & Connaughts. I'm temped to try and make them fit with double thick socks [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity are those E-width shoes? The CJ Connaught doesn't look as wide at the tip as I thought it would be for the 236 last.

5. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

The Connaughts are E but the Gerrards are D

I actually havent even tried them on yet, but it could just be the photo angle. Nose on they do look wider than appears here

6. 3ff3z8e

Cheers jaypee,

I thought that may have been the case as well, I bought a rebranded Loake 1880 as my beataround shoe from herringshoes recently on the G-Fit which is about C&J F-fit methinks, but upon arrival it seems that the front looked a little more wider than I was hoping it to be.... but ah well it still looks decent I suppose.

Wanted to post some pics but it seems that my files are to big. Will crop em when I have some time.

Back to the slave mill for me tomorrow. [​IMG]

7. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

No probs

Guys, let me know if anyone is interested in a downsizing trade before these hit the bay

8. jhof5421

jhof5421 Active Member

No probs

Guys, let me know if anyone is interested in a downsizing trade before these hit the bay

Jaypee, just sent you a PM.

9. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Connaughts sold
    Anyone interested in the Specs?

10. RickyF

RickyF Member

Hello

I'm looking for a spring weight jacket to wear in Melb at the moment, I just wear shirt and pants to work, no suit and it's a bit warm for winter jackets now but the weather seems to change too often to not have anything. Any suggestions on styles for this season or where to look?

Also, what stores in Melb stock the largest range of Ray Bans? I went to Sunglasses Hut in Melb Central and they only had a few.

Cheers

11. jhof5421

jhof5421 Active Member

Herringbone have got some spring-weight jackets which are selling for around $500 (I think). Could be worth checking out.

12. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Also have a search of the forum for the Hickey Freeman spring weight jackets.
    They go for about $200 and are well worth the $. Take advantage of the strong AUD$ before it slips

13. 3ff3z8e

Actually I've got a question I wanted to ask everyone here. I've been reading quite a bit about moths being the nemesis of treasured wardrobes, but as far as I can tell most of these horror stories originate from the US of A.

I haven't been staying long enough in NSW & VIC to be able to notice, but I am curious if Australia also have a clothes eating moth issue as well?

14. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

15. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

3ff, Moths are a problem everywhere they exist. I keep cedar wood thingos (scientific term) and mothballs through all my wool and vulnerable clothes. Though the mothballs make them stink. PG, depending on how much you want to spend, there are limited options in Sydney. I like original Car Shoes - www.carshoe.com which arent easy to find but were on sale at that Hilton Hotel shoe sale last week. And JP Tods - same as above. Hard to find, maybe check out ebay Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.