• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
Just an update on the $91 Bonobos shipping charge. I emailed their customer service asking if there was another shipping method and they replied saying they will credit all shipping costs for all items I put in my cart. Very surprised.

Pity the shorts I wanted ran out of stock between me emailing them and getting a reply.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pity the shorts I wanted ran out of stock between me emailing them and getting a reply.

Which were they? Always seemed to me like the only decent thing Bonobos stocked was Gant Rugger. I never heard particularly good reports about their house brand compared to similarly priced competitors. Haven't checked back in a while though.

Went to Rekaris this morning and was chatting with two of the guys there when they mentioned that they buy "all of their shoes from endless [.com] now". Sign o' the times....

Last edited:

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

Which were they? Always seemed to me like the only decent thing Bonobos stocked was Gant Rugger. I never heard particularly good reports about their house brand compared to similarly priced competitors. Haven't checked back in a while though.
Went to Rekaris this morning and was chatting with two of the guys there when they mentioned that they buy "all of their shoes from endless [.com] now". Sign o' the times....

http://www.bonobos.com/little-pantchovies

Chambray critter shorts.

Dwarfer

Reaction score

Hi mate,

I'm very similar in dimensions to you, although I probably have a slightly smaller chest. 

I ordered a Lazio cut yesterday in both 36 and 38S and you're right about the ridiculous pants sizes. I'm not sure that the measurements online are correct though - as the drop from a 38S is 3" but the drop from a 38R is 6". According to their measurements. Now whether these are actual measurements or just a size that they claim is a 30 or 32 or whatever is another story.

I'm not convinced from how they show you how to measure that the drop from the upper waist to the lower waist would be correct. Anyway, sorry, they are just my musings. 

I'll post and let you know if you want. I'll already be posting on another forum, so it's no hassle for me. 

Thanks so much - I really appreciate if you could let me know how you go.

Their fabric is quite nice - so would be an interesting approach if their stuff fits me.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G'day guys, now that next seasons 7 folds and pocket squares are only a week or so away, just a quick one to let anyone who isn't on the mailing list know it's the last week of the sale and I've reduced all sale ties and the last scarf by another $10 and some Pantherellas down to $15.00 too.

More info over on my affiliate thread -

Jason

streetminimal

Reaction score

Just an update on the $91 Bonobos shipping charge. I emailed their customer service asking if there was another shipping method and they replied saying they will credit all shipping costs for all items I put in my cart. Very surprised.

Meaning?

lowcashflow

Reaction score
Walked into David Jones today and it seems that they now have Barbour in stock. They have a few popular styles at $500 each.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straights have maintaince, but my Slant Sledge (Merkur 39C) w/ feathers destroys my stuble in no time. There is no reason at all anything with a disposiable blade should take any longer. Actually straights can be faster bar mantaince due to longer cutting edge.
(As an aside de is cheap as chips as well)

QFT. Have the same setup exactly. Way better shave than with a cartridge razor. And far, FAR cheaper.

I avoid straight and disposable razors like the plague. Not a good option for epileptics.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in the States for a month and am staying here for a while. It's been the best thing ever, but I miss hearing our accent.

That's all.

Last edited:

Naka

Reaction score

I've been in the States for a month and am staying here for a while. It's been the best thing ever, but I miss hearing our accent. 

That's all.

How long are you staying for Dil? I've been checking in on your thread in DT every now and then, seems like you're having fun.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads