Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deapht

Deapht Well-Known Member

saw those tm lewin suits today. quality is pretty good but the shoulders have quite a lot of padding

2. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Haha. I do this too. It's like some kind of ground hog day where I go in there expecting it to be full of wonder and delight but instead I just end up leaving disappointed and ashamed that they 'got' me again. Perhaps I'm a sucker for retail stores although I am learning to love the postman who drops off my epurchases.

3. lennier

lennier Senior member

It's like repeatedly going to the fridge expecting to see something interesting in there to eat that wasn't there 10 minutes earlier.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

banks here do not accept AUD bills for exchange. you miners have to bring your nuggets.

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

dang, buy shoes with rubber soles in the first place. herring has a lot of them.

6. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

www.suitsupply.com for a sub $500 suit that looks better than a sub $1000 suit here...

seriously.. if it doesnt fit they pay for the return post! a courier picks it up and takes it away....

7. Sceps

Sceps Well-Known Member

How long does it take for delivery from suitsupply?

8. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

bout a week. sometimes 2

9. Sceps

Sceps Well-Known Member

I might order a tux this weekend if thats the case.

10. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

yeh my mate got the tux.. pretty decent.. Im usually a 40chest but the 38 fit me across the shoulders perfectly but was tight in the waist (ive got a bit of a gut)

my friend bought the 38 (he's a 38) but ended up swapping for the 36 which was perfect

11. Simon at Elite

Simon at Elite Affiliate Vendor

OK I can answer this one

The first link is for Bespokeway. It's a Tetron + Ryon + Wool (60%, 20%, 20%) blend fused canvas suit made in a factory in Pakistan

The second I'm not as certain however I would not be surprised if it was the same suit just sold by a different seller.

As for quality, I'd suggest it would be what you would expect for the price and certainly not for a Styleforum member. I tend to think of these type of suits as something for the non suit wearer who just needs something for Aunt Sally's wedding and will probably stick it in the closet until the next family wedding or funeral.

The third link puts me on dangerous ground here. It is an Australian based seller and it's mine. So if you allow me to answer Roberts enquiry.

To be completely honest, it's not a suit I would buy myself. However, the only reason I would not buy it is, like most of us here, I simply don't buy $299 suits and wear suits of a much higher quality. However, if $299 is your suit budget it's not a bad suit. It's made in the same factory that makes the suits for perhaps the biggest online suit retailer. It uses a very basic linen full canvas but it's still better than a fused one. The fabric is a generic suiting cloth, milled in Italy and dyed in China. Obviously it's not great cloth but again it's good for a $299 suit.

Overall it's a good buy for $299 and I certainly see poorer quality suits selling for much more however, for somebody interested enough in good quality clothing to be a Styleforum member I doubt if it would be a suit for them. We sell quite a few of them but when I explain to purchasers that they can buy a much better suit for just a little more money more than half of them upgrade.

Online tailoring is getting bigger and bigger every year. If you're prepared to accept the limitations of remote tailoring there are some extremely high quality suits available at relatively bargain prices. Obviously the three suits linked above aren't examples of this but there are a number of websites offering better suits. Yes you need to look harder and go past the ones offering nothing but poorly made Asian suit factory fused suit but there is some good stuff in cyberspace.

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Hi if you don't mind I have a few questions on suit supply....

1) which fit did you buy? I am generally a size 36, 5'6, but with a full chest (38 chest). Issue with suit supply is if I size up on their tight fits (Washington) then it will be too long and too wide in the shoulder. I have been considering the lazio or Napoli fit so just wanted your opinion...
    2) their working buttons also make shortening a bit more expensive, as I gather
    3) I have inquired and they seem to have a standard pants size? So if I buy the 36 suit I am stuck with a 29" pants...what the? Maybe I am wrong but that's what their service support seems to be telling me...
    4) they have "short" sizes but looking at the measurements it is even more confusing as the smallest, "short" size generally has a shoulder measurement larger than a size 36! Not sure what's happening there...

Keen for your thoughts

13. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Not sure man ... All i did was throw on my mates tux jacket when it arrived ... Too big for him, was perfect for me. Does the tux not come in just one fit?

The suit supply customer service is wuite goood.. Why dont you try asking them? Its in their best interest that you get the right fit first time as it costs thrm alot to do an exchange

14. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Thanks mate - I have tried but maybe it was just me it's mainly one-liner answer.

Anyway - probably easier if I just order and see how we go :D

15. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Hi mate,

I'm very similar in dimensions to you, although I probably have a slightly smaller chest.

I ordered a Lazio cut yesterday in both 36 and 38S and you're right about the ridiculous pants sizes. I'm not sure that the measurements online are correct though - as the drop from a 38S is 3" but the drop from a 38R is 6". According to their measurements. Now whether these are actual measurements or just a size that they claim is a 30 or 32 or whatever is another story.

I'm not convinced from how they show you how to measure that the drop from the upper waist to the lower waist would be correct. Anyway, sorry, they are just my musings.

I'll post and let you know if you want. I'll already be posting on another forum, so it's no hassle for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.