1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvish

elvish Senior member

this.

nobody cares if you're trying to make a profit.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. elvish

elvish Senior member

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

No, but I just google imaged "hogan shoes" and threw up a little in my mouth. So shiny.... so euro....

4. elvish

elvish Senior member

you're right. they all look, well, shit. i went to the outlet and it had very similar shoes to the NB / Superga styles. i guess that was too many seasons ago.

5. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Those are some beautiful ties jason. I'm gonna have to take out a tie loan from the bank :(

6. John Appleseed

John Appleseed Well-Known Member

I just put on an old 44 and I have no idea how my shoulders ever managed to fit into this. It's mind boggling, I could now use this suit as a parachute.

7. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Thanks all who have replied with suggestions... will definitely check out Max

8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

It just depends how your fat was distributed. Mine was mostly around my stomach so when I lost around 20kg, I went from a size 40 to a size 38. My shoulder circumference went down by 2 inches but my waist went from 38" to 30".

9. cgo

cgo Senior member

it is quite surprising that Hayel did not warn you about downsizing by that much. I've gone to Hayel for so many years and the very first lesson he taught me was to buy suit with the right shoulder fit....everything else is adjustable. Perhaps you were giving him the impression that you are very keen to keep the jacket and downsize?

10. cgo

cgo Senior member

That long? I was hoping Ralph to take over sooner....the choice of stuff here even in Sydney is really crap. Why only Collin St have the RLBL suiting range for example

11. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Seems you've built the proportions of an Adonis, Gerry! :slayer:

12. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Thanks for the tassel loafers link, Pink Socks.

I just received an email from Leather Soul advising that they have an 8-10 month wait time for Alden tassel loafers! Going to be buying from elsewhere it seems.

13. John Appleseed

Yes, I did. I paid $2.5k for a Tux that even Cutler was complementing me on and only got to wear it once. Goddamn shame.

And just for the record, unlike Shane over at Rochefort, I actually like Hayel and his son - they do good work (expensive but good).

In the end, the tux fit very well except one problem - it did not sit flat across the chest (see picture below). Hayel said it was due to the canvassing rolling up, and nothing could be done about it. I might take it to Bijan on O'Connell street just to get a second opinion. I am $3k in, might as well see if I can finish it.

[​IMG]

14. John Appleseed

Hey, I am in Sydney and I order my RLBL suits through the QVB store in the city. You need to know what you want, and they will transfer it from the Collin St store. You are still entitled to the 14 day refund / 30 day exchange policy if it is no good.

15. cgo

cgo Senior member

Thanks

Yeah I am aware that we can do that but i'd rather see the item and all the lines available here. Just scored a short cargo pants today from their 50% off RLBL sale at Chatswood.

Hayel might be more expensive but he certainly is worth every cent. I dont think i've got any garment that he has not touched one way or another. RLBL is the closest OTR clothing for me but I would need a 36S for the jacket to fit perfectly. AUstralia only have regular and not Shorts so I had to once ordered a 36S Navy suit from the US online store and forwarded through those forwarding companies. All my other 36R suits were shorten by Hayel

16. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

How short do you have to be to get a 36S instead of an R?

Surely the difference is marginal?

17. joiji

joiji Senior member

18. cgo

cgo Senior member

I am 177cm tall however i like my jacket to be about 28.5" boc. While people would say traditionally the back flap should cover the bum area completely, I like it just a tad higher. Sleeve length also perfect for me (not that it is too much of an issue to get 36R shorten on the sleeve)

19. Windowpane1967

Windowpane1967 Senior member

Good work ZZ. WHat is the sizing like? True to size you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.