Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

eek, picked it up in brown/white and blue/white for $40 each

I hate you [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. monogram

monogram Active Member

What is the fit like of the chinos you have mentioned? Especially through thighs, which is important for me since I'm one of those athletic shaped freaks with largish thighs and small waist. I like the herringbone chinos fit and quality wise (I own 1 pair), I just don't like the price. Do you know how the above brands compare? I'm very wary when it comes to ordering pants online...

Rumour is that the current run of Herringbone cotton trousers come from the same factory as those from Howard Yount. I don't know this for a fact, but the labeling is exactly the same...

Given the strength of the dollar, it may be worth trying out a pair or two.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Interesting. I thought that the Herringbone ones came from Turkey, although I may be misremembering that. The HY ones are made in Italy.

Whilst the Herringbone ones are damned expensive, I must say that they are well made and come in some fantastic colours.

4. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

Would all Melbourne members please not buy anything this week. I've got my eye on something (can't say) and there's only one and it's in my size and I'm gambling that it will be further discounted but if one of you buys it (and I know you want it) I'll miss it. So please buy nothing until further notice. Thank you.

5. ewc

ewc Active Member

Does anyone do a decent OCBD that I could pick up in Perth? I've had a look at the one Sportscraft sells, but the collar is a bit too floppy and insubstantial for my liking.

6. truevision

truevision Senior member

Would all Melbourne members please not buy anything this week. I've got my eye on something (can't say) and there's only one and it's in my size and I'm gambling that it will be further discounted but if one of you buys it (and I know you want it) I'll miss it. So please buy nothing until further notice. Thank you.

oops, couldn't help myself [​IMG]

7. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

Does anyone know where to find barbour jackets in sydney?
    Thanks in advance!

8. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

You hear guys? don't buy this item this week until further notice...

[​IMG]

9. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I like Karnivool... [​IMG]

10. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

You hear guys? don't buy this item this week until further notice...
    Damn it, ginlimetonic, that's not it. But just to ensure everyone's in the spirit of this thing she's off limits too.

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

Does anyone do a decent OCBD that I could pick up in Perth? I've had a look at the one Sportscraft sells, but the collar is a bit too floppy and insubstantial for my liking.
    OCBD s should have floppy collars. I just got a bunch from Lands End at around $30 each - slim-ish cut better than most of seen here.

12. fxh

fxh Senior member

Don't worry - I'm not in the market for a pocket square.

13. srendam

srendam Senior member

OCBD s should have floppy collars.

I just got a bunch from Lands End at around $30 each - slim-ish cut better than most of seen here.

My shirts from lands end will be arriving shortly, ill let u know how they stack up against my borrelli shirt

14. phaedrus

phaedrus Senior member

Anyone buy self tie bowties locally? Have tried major department stores but to no avail. Online is the only way?

15. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Myer Melbourne sell them. In the side suit shop, they're about $40 from memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.