Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliq

sliq Senior member

are there going to be accessories and/or other apparel available besides chinos? cardigans? saw you had a draw a while ago for a croc skin card holder. pretty bad ass.

2. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Yeah aiming to have alot more. Belts, pochettes, wallets, ties, bracelets and a much bigger range of shirts, pants and shorts.

3. md2010

md2010 Senior member

4. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I concur, it's too much to pay for cotton trou no matter how nicely they are made. Have you tried Lands' End tailored fit? Their int. shipping is much more reasonable. The quality is nothing to write home about but they are perfectly serviceable (I've got a pair that I wear weekly).

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-plain-front-tailored-fit-original-chino-pants~225469_-1.html

5. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Muji/uniqlo in japan offer good value.

Not much in oz...

And the epaulet ones are cheaper than something like incotex i guess.

And compare to other cotton pants like... Jeans... Youd be lucky to find much at all at that price point.

6. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I'm reeaaally hoping some Oz SF person bites the bullet and does shoes and sport coats at some point. I can get MTM shirts from Modern Tailor et al; trousers are easy to buy online as there aren't usually fit issues; accessories are no problem because shipping for them is cheap and there are no fit issues.

However shoes and sport coats are a whole different ball game. Fit is king and they're expensive to ship. A local seller selling quality shoes and sport coats (similar to Kent Wang/HY) would do well IMO. Knitwear would also be nice.

7. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

I hear you. Ive got that optionality for sports coats i just need to get the price down.. I only deal with small artisan workshops and while the coats are nice, im still deciding whther there are enough people who would pay $600-800 for an otr coat. I think Jase might be doing jackets soon though? He can correct me here...

Shoes ill leave that to mr kimber ... His samples are looking great.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

They start at w30. Not many stores sell w28. Thanks guys. Found the below. Its not worth $99. But my choices are very limited.
    http://www.rogerdavid.com.au/collection/chinos/chino-trouser-14855.html

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

I got some Giordano slim chinos from 6months ago for $25 i think. Haven't exploded yet. Obviously nowhere near as good as the pair of baby blue cotton trousers I got from Herringbone, but servicable nonetheless if you plan to roll around in the grass and get tequila all over it.

10. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks mate. They look nice. Have my size. I think that's it for me. I am going to try them on tomorrow.
    http://au.e-giordano.com/P1.aspx?Ta...TEGORY&frommaster=5&fromobj=172000-000021-XXX

11. Deapht

Deapht Well-Known Member

12. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm looking in to it slowly, but reastically it wouldn't be at least for another year. I think you need to hit the $500ish price point for them to sell which will be hard to do for something made in Italy/Europe at the low qty's we would stock them in. It really warrants a trip to Pitti to see stuff in person I reckon, which is a few years off for me with work/family commitments.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Sportcoats aren't that expensive to ship or return ship. And generally if something has good measurements posted and you get the shoulder to fit anything else can be tailored anyway. I think most of us here factor this cost of tailoring into just about any OTR purchase... I would say they are one of the easier things to buy online.

Shoes on the other hand....

*edit*

paid 650$ for this w/o tailoring, although I wear it as full suit and also regularly as a blazer with tan slacks/grey flannels so I consider it to have been money very well spent.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1048/'Caine-Sportcoat-Navy-Hopsack/Detail

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

As I noted a few pages back, I have no doubt that if you went down to Leffler in North Melbourne you could get them to help you make a belt in any leather/colour/buckle they have in stock for $30-40 inclusive of materials. Could be a fun afternoon.

15. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

yeah - and for a cheapie you can get a SC from suitsupply delivered for $300-400.

Quality not bad, not great but i guess the fit and style is usually on point and does the job for a couple seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.