• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasey25

Reaction score
UK10 or 10.5 :crazy:

when i found some of the larger jacket sizes the drops were OK. I tried a BB unstructured cotton jacket that looked good but the armholes were too low.

smeggett

Reaction score
whoa, are they really shoes one would wear outside the house?

Was he Scottish? I thought ghillies were traditionally worn with a kilt.

I have a pair of these that I wear with my kilt. Ghillie Brogues. Smeggett's pair look nice.

Guilty as charged! I have been playing the bagpipes for nigh on 25 years and have these shoes as a part of my playing uniform. I've never really given them a good polish before and I thought I'd test out the spit polishing method with them prior to seeing what I can do with my C&J's.

As noted previously I'm happy with the result (the photo may not do it full justice) and intend to put a few more layers of polish on. Oh, and when worn with the right style socks and a kilt, they cut quite a great look!

Cheers

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question - does everyone wear undershirts? (both for warmth and to protect shirt)
I've taken to wearing an undershirt for the first time this winter, because I am feeling the cold a lot more. I picked up an Icebreaker wool undershirt at the DJs sale, and find it really good. I'm warm when I need to be but, because it's wool, I don't get hot when in the building. They fit nice and snug too, so not visible.

Spandexter

Reaction score
I reckon when you go shirt without jacket, it is better to be wearing a shirt that is coloured, has a placket, has a pattern, or even some contrasting stitching/details as a show of intent that the shirt you're wearing is suppose to be outerwear. Plain white poplin with medium cutaway collar will still scream for a jacket over it.
This is pretty much my view as well. Given that, I'm quite ok to wander around the office without my suit jacket on. Come to think of it I don't think anyone wears their jacket indoors.

The good news?
It's my birthday in late August and I arrived home to find a package containing a pair of Carmina brown punched captoe oxfords (simpson last) that my wife has bought me as a present (what a champion!).

The bad news?
The box remains unopened as is now stashed at the back of the wardrobe where it shall remain for four more weeks. The horror!!!

Spandexter

Reaction score
As familiar as one can be (plenty of research) without actually having tried it on. Fingers crossed.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah i find sizing in japan hard ... shoes are the best find with transferrable sizing (as long as u dont have size bigger than 9UK !)

OTR Suits are problematic. Sizing is too skinny and the drop is too much for me. All sizing is by drops and i believe standard was a drop8 over there? vs drop 6 standard in western countries. I could be totally wrong on this but I recall an issue with the waist drop when I tried a few on.

I think they do even drop 10s. I guess being Asian I find sizing in JP suit me a lot better than what I find here, especially with the jacket and sleeve lengths.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just received the Meermin double monks from Romp in brown suede, size 9UK. They're on the Hiro last and I'm putting them back up for sale. $175 shipped anywhere in AU or $175 local pick up in Melbourne. Please PM me if interested.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bill Cunningham New York is on movie 1 tonight for those with Foxtel.

Last edited:

g-banger

Reaction score

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what are your thoughts on JL(Jack London!). They have pair of khaki chinos at $99….worth it ? I struggle to find pants on w28 sizing. Recently purchased 2 khaki chinos form asos($25) and topman($60) way to skinny for my liking. Looking to add few khaki chinos on my rotation.
Thanks !
http://shop.jacklondon.com.au/clothing/pants/kennedy-chino.html

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, what are your thoughts on JL(Jack London!). They have pair of khaki chinos at $99….worth it ? I struggle to find pants on w28 sizing. Recently purchased 2 khaki chinos form asos($25) and topman($60) way to skinny for my liking. Looking to add few khaki chinos on my rotation.
Thanks !

Not impressed with the suiting, but if the chinos fit you... what the heck!

$99 ain't bad.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks !

Hi mate - i have a buddy who's a 28 and these go well for him

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-Brands-cln-Epaulet-cln-EP's-Rivet-Chinos/Categories

Or a little bit more pricey, but

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/...cln-Trousers-cln-Slim-Walt-Trouser/Categories

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks !

They look way too skinny to me...I shudder to think what the asos and topman ones were like :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics