Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple3210

apple3210 Well-Known Member

Hey Jason,

Any chance of restock of scarves? got the camel scarf and love it. Wish i got the olive check now as well.

Also, are you very sure you won't be doing MTM shirts? Even Kent Wang's shirts are not slim enough for me.

Btw, how strict are you guys with following the "rules" that SFer's tend to follow? i.e. can't wear a shirt and tie without a jacket. Honestly, its too hot in Oz to wear a suit other than autumn/winter. I just sweat by the time i get to work.

2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi mate,

Won't be a re-stock of the scarves until next year now, it's just too close to spring I'm afraid. I still have 1 charcoal left though on the website. There will be a lot more checks next year around march/April.

No MTM shirts Either, sorry! Try cottonwork.

Re sweating, have a look in to a product called No Sweat. Works a treat for me and has completely stopped me getting drenched in the warmer months.

Ta
    Jason

3. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Im a bit of a shoe fiend so don't mind too much shoe talk. Maybe shoes are an easier way to make a sartorial statement?

I'm still waiting out your new ties Jason. August wasn it? And just looked- October!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

4. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Nice... although I actually prefer that dark brown colour! Good to know anyhow that their dark brown isn't very dark. I wonder what their light brown looks like.

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

Might as well ditch the tie as well then as I think tie as the top layer doesn't look right to me and it really doesn't serve any practical purpose. Vneck over tie, and coat over tie can work. Just tie and shirt really looks like you were supposed to have a jacket bur you took it off.

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

It's your progression to harder drugs that worries me.

OK I'll bite. What are they and where can I find them? :)

7. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

New 7 folds and pocket squares are still mid August and then shirts and knit ties will be late sep, possibly early October because I get married on the 29th sep and will be away on my honeymoon for a week after.
    Cheers

8. blahman

blahman Senior member

^^^ I see 1000 posts

9. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

I say meh to the rules! I think its far better to remain relevant to your situation rather than trying to apply generic, cold climate rules to your situation. Cant make a circle fit a square!

That said, there are ways to wear jackets in summer. Lighter weight material or more open weaves. Linen is great.

Alternatively look at the construction of the jacket, go with less lining/no lining, less padding/no padding etc.

10. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

I think the consensus is that the colour I got is not the same as shown on their website.

There seems to be two browns coming from Meermin and it is a bit of a crapshoot as to which one you will get unless you are very specific with your ordering instructions.

11. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

Difference between conversing about sartorial matters and randomly spitting bullshit about any old pair of shoe that catches your eye. I don't mind a bit of shoe talk, but it gets overdone when 99% of the thread's content is "herp derp look at these (insert brand here) what polish do I use".

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

If you are not going to wear jacket don't bother wearing a tie. You don't want to look like a used car salesman ........ unless of course you sell used cars !!

13. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Ah right, I ordered 2 black pairs from them.. in transit now.. I wonder what colour I'll get [​IMG]

14. blahman

blahman Senior member

Since all you guys have meermins now, what is the sizing like? In comparisorn to othe brands.

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

I was being facetious perhaps inappropriately. Maybe what you say is true for the Shoe Care thread but I just went through the last 10 pages of this thread and I don't see that. In fact, most of the shoe talk I do see is about shoes the members themselves own (aside from that whole AE Park Avenue flare up about four or five days ago.

In any case (and I'm not trying to be funny here, just genuinely asking), what would you like to discuss or see discussed?

Seeing that you've been part of the forum since 2008, I wouldn't be surprised if 99% of all the stuff we talk about is a repeat of previous posts. I've seen this in nearly every forum I've frequented.

I've gone from shoes to shoe horns - I think that signifies regression [​IMG] Those shoes are by Carmina for Epaulet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.