1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

They (Tolley) should really move out of that hole in wall in Bourke St. They don't need to be in that location and it's ridiculously small.

2. Sceps

Sceps Well-Known Member

Been watching the tour, wish Renshaw and Cavendish could reunite though.

3. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Well they've got the flagship store in South Yarra or something, don't they?

4. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I've been watching and enjoying (kinda glad that the late nights are coming to an end). Gosh, how good are Team Sky, just incredible. ...As in, 'not credible' :D

5. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Apparently. Never been. For some reason that bolt hole in Bourke St annoys me. Completely irrational.

6. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

HAHA :D

7. Jimbosaurus

Before that they had a larger store 2 or 3 doors down, I guess the rent was just too much for them.

Been enjoying the tour this year. Just amazing watching Froome slowly ramp up the speed and catch anyone that tries to attack. I don't hink Wiggans could have won it without him.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  8. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

^^ I don't think Froome could have lost it without being told to go slower like 57 times :)

9. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

I am having some issues uploading issues from work, so will try tonight. I gave them a quick shine last night (nothing too fancy, just a quick coat of Sapphire crème and the caps with C&J stock standard polish). I wore them briefly yesterday before committing to the toe taps and they seemed to fit fine. I am rocking them today and here is my ill informed assessment:

• Last – I think I quite like the Hiro last, fits my feet quite snug – that said I have issues with the C&J 348 last. It is only slightly elongated, but with my size 11 feet I think that I really need to be going for more ‘stubby’ lasts in future.
    • Fit – fit seems to be good – albeit with an overall quite stiff feeling that suggests to me that it might take a bit longer to break in then other shoes. I am getting the usual rubbing on the right heel, left pinky toe and right vamp (along the crease), that I usually get with new shows (band-aid city).
    • Quality – I havn’t examined them too closely (other when polishing them last night), nor am I a shoe expert, but my initial thoughts is overall great, but lacking in the attention to detail. For example, I have noticed that the welting is a little messed up and ugly around the inside corner of the heel on one pair and missing its colour. So you’re obviously not getting C&J quality control, but for less than half the price delivered they are incredible value.

This is just my initial thoughts, and they may or may not change depending on how the breaking in process comes along or if they start to fall apart!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  10. blahman

blahman Senior member

Ordered some of the colonia assoluta from fragrancex and they sent it via DHL. Any one have any experience with DHL in terms of time from USA to Australia and the likelihood of a clearance charge from quarantine?

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

As long as you don't look like you want to try on shoes and then buy on line, or start grabbing at everything, you'll be alright. (which is one of the reasons they are suss about youngish Pitti persons coming in)

Just tell them you have been looking in the window for 9 years and thought it might be too expensive or ask if they mind you having a look around.

Don't pretend you are buying if you are not.

Tell them you wish you could afford their stuff.

Have a chat, be friendly and natural, don't waste their time if they are busy.

They are some of the friendliest people in town.

And sitting up there at the top end they were a lone beacon in quality menswear in Melbourne for many years.

12. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Mick Rogers is a very underrated climber I think. I actually have a signed T-mobile drink bottle from him at home. Long story short, he is a Canberra boy too and I know his brother quite well from when I used to race. I used to work for a company called Bottles of Australia (BOA) that did the Giant T-mobile bottles, so teed it all up pretty easy. He comes and rides the A-grade crits over summer and just kills everyone.

Anyone been following the twitter stoush between froomes and wiggins wives?

13. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I'm not really that interested in going into a shop where I have to act in a particular way :/

14. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

tobiasj, all I have to say is a clean team wouldn't have Rogers (Puerto) for one on it.

Cycling news forums circa 09' TDF. :nest:

15. Jimbosaurus

I received some clothing from the US via DHL this week. Shipped on the 11th, arrived on the 16th and there were no problems with quarantine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.