• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reniliaz

Reaction score
Hey gents. Had a suit jacket taken in from the back, and discovered these bumps just below the collar. These weren't present before the alteration. Big enough issue to take it back and ask for it to be fixed?

20191208_182349_1280x720.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Do you mean the horizontal creasing in the middle of the upper back, below the collar?

I think that those usually appear because the jacket is being pulled a bit too taut across the upper back.

It's a pretty easy fix - a good alterations person or tailor will detach the collar at the back, feed in a little back of the fabric at the back of the collar, and then re-attach the collar. If they weren't present before the alterations, then it's definitely worth pointing them out to whoever did the alterations and asking them to fix it.

Contango

Reaction score
Hey gents. Had a suit jacket taken in from the back, and discovered these bumps just below the collar. These weren't present before the alteration. Big enough issue to take it back and ask for it to be fixed?

View attachment 1295136
Yeah, I would. Probably nobody other than a StyFo iGent would notice, but if they bother you then get them fixed.

Reniliaz

Reaction score
The horizontal crease just below the collar.

Cheers guys, will probably go back and ask for it to be fixed.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of those small hand held steamers? Are they worth it? Enough grunt to get the job done?
I bought a Kambrook Swiftstream a little while ago. I've tested it on a bamboo SC and a cotton polo top and am happy with the results. Ideally it would be cordless, so I could do the job even if there is no power point around, but it will do for what I need.

Topher22

Reaction score
With weather heating up in Melbourne (And across the country) , how do we minimise the occurence of armpit sweat stains on business/dress shirts? I tend to wear undershirts, but I just sweat through them.

Is there a certain brand/type of shirt/undershirt that helps combat the wet armpit look?

Contango

Reaction score
With weather heating up in Melbourne (And across the country) , how do we minimise the occurence of armpit sweat stains on business/dress shirts? I tend to wear undershirts, but I just sweat through them.

Is there a certain brand/type of shirt/undershirt that helps combat the wet armpit look?
Switch to a deodorant that doesn’t use aluminium. Sure it won’t stop you sweating as much as an anti-perspirant, but you won’t get yellow stains on your white shirts and you won’t bleach the underarms of your coloured shirts white.

I like those from Anthony: Logistics for Men, L’Occitane, Taylor of Old Bond St (but not the Jermyn St, it doesn’t work) and Geo F Trumper.

For cheaper options you can buy at chemists and supermarkets, alum salt crystal deodorants also seem to work well but generally don’t have any scent. If you prefer a roll-on then Moo Goo.

No Pong is also quite good, although a different approach as it’s a little tin of a gritty paste. Works well and smells nice though. Good for travel.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone still wear one of these lapel flowers from back in the day? :)

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_174658.jpg
    IMG_20191210_174658.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 37

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone still wear one of these lapel flowers from back in the day? :)
I usually pick the wildflowers to wear with my jacket...I have always thought about getting a silk flower but never really saw the point of it

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads