• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How'd everyone go with Black Friday?

I haven't purchased much in the way of clothing for a long time but finally managed to pick up a dark chocolate Valstarino on sale, very happy with the price, hopefully fit etc all works out. Tech wise, needed something a bit more portable so grabbed a Surface Pro as well, between the discount+cashback+amex offer, I don't think I've ever seen them as cheap - worth a look if anyone was considering a surface purchase anytime soon.

Last edited:

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't purchased much in the way of clothing for a long time but finally managed to pick up a dark chocolate Valstarino on sale, very happy with the price, hopefully fit etc all works out. Need something a bit more portable so grabbed a Surface Pro as well, between the discount+cashback+amex offer, I don't think I've ever seen them as cheap - worth a look if anyone was considering a surface purchase anytime soon.
Link to surface pro?

Shaunm88

Reaction score

I haven't purchased much in the way of clothing for a long time but finally managed to pick up a dark chocolate Valstarino on sale, very happy with the price, hopefully fit etc all works out. Tech wise, needed something a bit more portable so grabbed a Surface Pro as well, between the discount+cashback+amex offer, I don't think I've ever seen them as cheap - worth a look if anyone was considering a surface purchase anytime soon.

I spent a fair bit overall.

Not too much on shoes surprisingly. One pair of Edward Green suede chukkas. A few clothes from Ralph Lauren and Tommy (casual) and some items from Burberry. A cheaper spend than what I was planning on myself.

I did buy nearly every Christmas present though for family and kids so I am happy with that

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vale Greedy Smith,
Yes. Martin Plaza is also very ill, so fingers crossed for him.
A friend also mentioned Martin Armiger has gone West. Spent a lot of nights in choice dives around Melbourne listening to The Sports from 78-81.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling off some suits, jackets and shoes:
- Carmina blue suede penny loafers UK9.5
- Loake 1880 tan brogue wingtip oxfords UK9.5 with matching tan belt
- Canali dark grey sharkskin suit size 50
- Eidos/Christian Kimber Japanese cotton beige field jacket
- Latini full suede bomber jacket
- Various other jackets
The shoes are listed on some local FB sites but the rest I've been too lazy to list. However I do have photos. PM me if interested. Shoes are in Sydney, rest is in Melbourne. I'm in Melbourne until 15th then in Sydney.
I also have some watches to offload.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I'm selling off some suits, jackets and shoes:
- Carmina blue suede penny loafers UK9.5
- Loake 1880 tan brogue wingtip oxfords UK9.5 with matching tan belt
- Canali dark grey sharkskin suit size 50
- Eidos/Christian Kimber Japanese cotton beige field jacket
- Latini full suede bomber jacket
- Various other jackets
The shoes are listed on some local FB sites but the rest I've been too lazy to list. However I do have photos. PM me if interested. Shoes are in Sydney, rest is in Melbourne. I'm in Melbourne until 15th then in Sydney.
I also have some watches to offload.
What size is the Eidos?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other items:
Canali charcoal sharkskin worsted suit - hardly worn - size 50R
Lardini mid/dark brown 3-roll-2 flannel suit with subtle pinstripe - size 52R, excellent condition
Henry Bucks mid brown linen jacket - size 52R (buggy-lined, made in Italy)
Brunello Cucinelli off-white cotton jacket (hard 3, buggy-lined)
Gulliver Look plaid 3-roll-2 jacket - size 50R (this is the "fashion" brand of Lardini)
Latini dark brown suede bomber jacket - size 52, with plush Loro Piana wool/cashmere lining - amazing quality piece
Shoes as already listed.
I'm 180cm and weigh 76kg. The Canali is just slightly small on me and the Latini jacket is a tad large. The suit pants both have 5cm turn-ups, so there is plenty of fabric if you're taller.
I'll post these to B&S in due course, but it makes sense to offer them here first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads