• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the first few warm days in Melbourne are always awesome because you get to smell jasmine and japonica and the rest. It's a small window, but it's noticeable and pleasant.
Nice.

However i prefer those languid twilights in the summer heat, when you can still smell the Jasmine and wash the day away with a Hendricks & Fever Tree (or three).

chowchow19030

Reaction score
I've got a tux from ZC via TFC. But seriously, Joe is more than happy for you to make an appointment just to go and have a chat, and see the products for yourself. He is extremely patient and very hospitable.

Ya I'm thinking once I'm back in Sydney to go down to have a look around as still currently out of town. Was your tux one of their RTW lineup? I saw a few on their IG page. Looked amazing

sensuki

Reaction score
Ya I'm thinking to get a suit made but thought of just asking how their product quality is considering its difficult to have any reviews from Zing Chen

There is fusing in the waistband of my ZC trousers (rather than canvas), they are mostly machine stitched with a hand pick stitched fly and pocket seam, overall pretty good finishing and I like the cut. I didn't ask about surcharges for extra handwork/details.

My TFC trousers are very very nice. Extremely neat finishing and great silhouette.

Joe is a good fitter, and I am confident that if you got a suit made that you would be happy with it.

I am thinking of getting a jacket next year but I'm not sure which maker I will use yet.

chowchow19030

Reaction score
There is fusing in the waistband of my ZC trousers (rather than canvas), they are mostly machine stitched with a hand pick stitched fly and pocket seam, overall pretty good finishing and I like the cut. I didn't ask about surcharges for extra handwork/details.

My TFC trousers are very very nice. Extremely neat finishing and great silhouette.

Joe is a good fitter, and I am confident that if you got a suit made that you would be happy with it.

I am thinking of getting a jacket next year but I'm not sure which maker I will use yet.

With both the ZC and TFC bespoke they can't be done in Sydney right? Especially the ZC considering the price? I guess I will touch base with Joe when I'm back in Sydney

sensuki

Reaction score
Zing Chen is a chinese company, and TFC Bespoke is made in South Korea

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I have had trousers made (ZC and TFC) and I like them, would order again - but I assume you're after a suit or a jacket?

The books I was shown were HFW and Standeven and I think I've also seen Dugdale, Drapers/VBC and Eurotex books laying around among others. I'd advise emailing Joe about the fabric range.
Can I ask what the price was for the trousers?

mercury

Reaction score
Is that 'The Zeroth' ?

Nope... Zeroth is also made in Korea.

Zeroth and TFC Bespoke are both made in the same workshop in Seoul, but Zeroth is the "spare no expenses" approach.
A Zeroth suit will be handled by one master tailor from start to finish, who will spend up to an entire month making a single suit.

It's probably overkill for most people, more of an expression of tailoring as art, and the result of Joe's pursuit of the Ultimate Suit for himself... but cool nonetheless.

Last edited:

roshambo

Reaction score
Gents,

I am looking for advice about building a capsule wardrobe. Long time lurker and have learned an incredible amount.

I desperately need to purchase some basic capsule wardrobe essentials as I am seriously lacking. What I need are:

- block coloured tshirts
- polo's
- trousers

What/Where is the current recommendation to purchase the basics. I need to buy local as I have a pretty big gut that I am working on getting rid off. Almost certainly will need to repurchase in 12 months.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I am looking for advice about building a capsule wardrobe. Long time lurker and have learned an incredible amount.

I desperately need to purchase some basic capsule wardrobe essentials as I am seriously lacking. What I need are:

- block coloured tshirts
- polo's
- trousers

What/Where is the current recommendation to purchase the basics. I need to buy local as I have a pretty big gut that I am working on getting rid off. Almost certainly will need to repurchase in 12 months.
I find myself reaching for my;

1) cream linen shirt. I wear it casually, as a dress shirt and a dinner shirt

2) navy or black polo. Versatile

3) white/cream odd hopsack trousers

4) grey odd trousers

Where depends on which state you’re in. In Perth I’m lucky to have a bespoke tailor make me suits, jackets and trousers at a bargain. I go to online mtm company luxire for my shirts...their prices are cheaper that most retail companies in aus...and you can pay forty bucks to have a trial muslin shirt made before finalising a big order

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads