• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Went into PJ / Suit Supply in the Chifley building yesterday. Quoted 2200 for a cotton suit and 2600 for linen from their base book.
Really not sure its worth it. Have you checked out Spier and Mackey sic?
Does anyone still use P Johnson or SuitShop these days? P Johnson, in particular, seem to have gotten ridiculously expensive! Any Óscar Hunt customers here? How do they compare quality wise?
ent

chatelet

Reaction score
Went into PJ / Suit Supply in the Chifley building yesterday. Quoted 2200 for a cotton suit and 2600 for linen from their base book.
Really not sure its worth it. Have you checked out Spier and Mackey sic?

ent
You mean Suit Shop (not Supply). But good to know. Spier just launched online MTO. About 1300 aud for a name cloth, 6ish week turnaround (but obviously no measuring or fittings).

ryanohare

Reaction score
Suit Shop suits start for under a grand, P Johnson Pronto start around $1500, P Johnson start around $2200.

I've used all of those options, and even bought a nice olive green suit OTR from their Barney's range, and my OTR suits from SuitSupply still trump them in terms of fit and price. Sure the PJ-stuff is a nicer fabric, and has some individual touches, and the 'experience' is swell and all, but for me there's just no better value out there than SuitSupply. They've revolutionised OTR suiting at that price range in my view.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CEP if the sleeves ride up then the sleeves are cut wrong. It needs to be cut to allow more space around the elbow and narrower on the front which will limit or eliminate any sleeve riding up.
Unfortunately, not a lot of shirt makers are that careful with the details. Think I might go back to Charles Nahkle.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh right, there is a Sydney outlet now. Sorry what are the parameters of MTO--you can change things like jacket sleeve length?
No such changes online. But If you do MTO through the brick and mortar store, they will do the alterations for free.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used all of those options, and even bought a nice olive green suit OTR from their Barney's range, and my OTR suits from SuitSupply still trump them in terms of fit and price. Sure the PJ-stuff is a nicer fabric, and has some individual touches, and the 'experience' is swell and all, but for me there's just no better value out there than SuitSupply. They've revolutionised OTR suiting at that price range in my view.
Agreed. They’ve got a fantastic model going.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gang, I need to get the soles replaced on two pairs of Goodyear Carmina shoes. Any recommended places in the Sydney conservative business dress? Would 24 hours turnaround be an ambitious request?

Cheers
Another vote for Baxter and Black. Nathan does a fantastic job refurbishing high end shoes. Do you know he was actually trained as a cordwainer in Hungary?

Last edited:

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not a lot of shirt makers are that careful with the details. Think I might go back to Charles Nahkle.

Go and see Bijan in town for mtm shirts. He makes all my mtm shirts and he has a sharp eye for fit (he does bespoke suits so you’d expect it).

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A weekend when too much sport is not enough. Rugby World Cup starts. League semi finals and the AFL finals. Stack the fridge with Pacific Yak air the Pinot and the forget the (f...ed state of the) world. It’s the Festival of the Boot. Bring it on.:worship::slayer:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Baxter and Black. Nathan does a fantastic job refurbishing high end shoes. Do you know he was actually trained as a cordwainer in Hungary?
Second this. Excellent service and work.

Contango

Reaction score
Go and see Bijan in town for mtm shirts. He makes all my mtm shirts and he has a sharp eye for fit (he does bespoke suits so you’d expect it).
What sort of price range is he in?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heavy cream linen for spring

Attachments

• 58DABF84-D068-4A49-9A25-8A4CED859CAA.jpeg
    58DABF84-D068-4A49-9A25-8A4CED859CAA.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 42

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads