• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fold it in a bag and freeze it for a good couple of days? Or maybe keep some coffee grind near it - it’ll absorb some of the smell.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at a post event function last night when at midnight someone lit the fire pit. Matchbox sized Surry Hills back yard and it smoked like crazy.

Get home good blazer reeks of smoke. Got it airing. I know that a good frost cleaned up a leather jacket overnight, however I am loathe to try it. Aside from dry cleaning any suggestions?
Sun dry it. Happens all the time. If it’s windy and sunny all the better

ovlov

Reaction score
So apparently there are a bunch of PS x John Lobb shoes at the Paul Smith Warehouse sale in Paddington @ $150. Is there any chance one of you kind Syndeysiders might be headed there today or tomorrow and could help me out picking up some UK10 Westbournes or Loafers. Of course i'd be happy to pay a spotters fee etc. Always wanted a pair but ould never justify the price tag.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's insane!

There's always an issue with fit with buying shoes remotely but I suppose that at $150 a pair, the risk is negligible because you should easily be able to resell them for the same amount or perhaps more, if they don't fit.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So apparently there are a bunch of PS x John Lobb shoes at the Paul Smith Warehouse sale in Paddington @ $150. Is there any chance one of you kind Syndeysiders might be headed there today or tomorrow and could help me out picking up some UK10 Westbournes or Loafers. Of course i'd be happy to pay a spotters fee etc. Always wanted a pair but ould never justify the price tag.
Damn! I tried to have the Westbourne as a MTO, they’d only do it as a bespoke :- 2200 vs 7-9000... I was saddened!

Any blue in a 8.5EE??? I’m interested.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
854ACEF5-F1CF-4ED3-AF6C-BB9775778D03.jpeg

Sunday too far away casual.

Can recommend both the Kaldor and White Rabbit retrospective exhibitions.

Reactions: fxh

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at a post event function last night when at midnight someone lit the fire pit. Matchbox sized Surry Hills back yard and it smoked like crazy.

Get home good blazer reeks of smoke. Got it airing. I know that a good frost cleaned up a leather jacket overnight, however I am loathe to try it. Aside from dry cleaning any suggestions?
As someone said above - weak sun and wind is good on line for a few hours.

Also cheap(est) vodka in spray bottle. Light spritz all over.
(after you've done your throat, mouth and yourself - then do the clothes ! Yuk Yuk)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone said above - weak sun and wind is good on line for a few hours.

Also cheap(est) vodka in spray bottle. Light spritz all over.
(after you've done your throat, mouth and yourself - then do the clothes ! Yuk Yuk)
Wouldn’t do the vodka method. Ruins the cloth long term. Costume stagehand told me about that few years back

sensuki

Reaction score
I ordered size 1( I am usually a w27). The front rise is quite high and the jeans will sit on the waist . I will probably have the wrinkled waist look -The belt loops looks longer to support this.

I got my jeans in the mail today. I tried them on quickly at work in the changerooms, so far I actually don't like them very much. They've added a bunch of extra fabric at the crotch and no matter where I sit them on my hips/waist, it gives me massive phantom moose knuckle. Also not really a fan of the yoke/pocket placement compared to the v2 Width jeans.

I'll try again at home tonight, but I'm considering returning them.

The Pieghe 2 are good though. They'll be a keeper.

Last edited:

ruzzi

Reaction score
Thoughts on long sleeved polos in Sydney conservative business dress business casual office (Enterprise Software). Looks good on the internet, but not sure if its a bit dandyish for Australia. Something like this:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads