• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boot_owl

Reaction score
That's quite true. Especially since for men with larger waists they don't have the "just don't button it" option. And you can still get them from PJ's made to measure but it would be nice to know in advance in particular about lapel shapes which tend to vary a lot with peak and especially db lapels.

Suitsupply always has a couple too so that might be worth a look

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply always has a couple too so that might be worth a look
The thing I dislike about suitsupply are the surgeon cuffs...so expensive to alter...i wish they did undone cuffs, that way I may actually buy stuff from then

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing I dislike about suitsupply are the surgeon cuffs...so expensive to alter...i wish they did undone cuffs, that way I may actually buy stuff from then

Thing I hate is that they advertise and have no stock.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a better value for money product than Uniqlo? I honestly couldn't think of one. The amount of beater-shirts I've bought from them over the year for ~$30-50 expecting very little, and yet they've held their shape brilliantly despite more whitewashes than an Australia top order.

My son lives in their stuff. He finds their fractional fits are real easy to wear.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only off the rack brand I have tried which I quite liked (because it fits me) and is cheap and of decent quality is the beams/beams plus/united arrows stuff. U occasionally get them on eBay. I just bought an unstructured 3 patch 3 button beige linen and blue seersucker jacket for casual wear without a tie which looks dope

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

user2855

Reaction score
Not that impressed with the use of "camel/vicuna" to mean the colour.

Hi mate,

Agree - not my personal choice (cue excitement about fabric only to find it is regular wool) but what is quoted on the tag for the colour (may not be clear as tag slightly faded on the photo).

Cheers,
D

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that impressed with the use of "camel/vicuna" to mean the colour.
I would go further and report the auction as false advertising if I knew how (not keen on figuring out yet another rabbit hole of eBay UI).

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s ‘gold/wheat/oatmeal’ color...gold and diamond in color...

user2855

Reaction score
I would go further and report the auction as false advertising if I knew how (not keen on figuring out yet another rabbit hole of eBay UI).

Hi mate,

Agree - not my personal choice (cue excitement about fabric only to find it is regular wool) but what is quoted on the tag for the colour (may not be clear as tag slightly faded on the photo).

Cheers,
D

Hi,

I'm going to assume that you didn't notice or read the above message I posted.

Fidelity refer to it as Vicuna colour per the original retail tag. The listing is very detailed and clearly includes the actual fabric composition (as well as the colour references per maker).

I don't think it is great either....but if that's what Fidelity has called it most potential buyers are going to be looking for that (and those with finer tastes seeking vicuna fabric such as yourselves are likely to be able to quickly distinguish).

In any case - I'll put an explicit note if I relist so that it is abundantly clear to everyone.

Cheers,
David

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to assume that you didn't notice or read the above message I posted.

Fidelity refer to it as Vicuna colour per the original retail tag. The listing is very detailed and clearly includes the actual fabric composition (as well as the colour references per maker).

I don't think it is great either....but if that's what Fidelity has called it most potential buyers are going to be looking for that (and those with finer tastes seeking vicuna fabric such as yourselves are likely to be able to quickly distinguish).

In any case - I'll put an explicit note if I relist so that it is abundantly clear to everyone.

Cheers,
David
Hey David, thanks for chipping in. Nice listings (and lucky you living on the Northern Beaches - best part of Sydney!). I was actually looking for a duffle a few months back and this would have fit the bill.

As a potential buyer my first thought on reading the description would be to be annoyed and close the tab, no matter what the original issue was. I think clearer listing titles benefit the seller by making the sale more likely and the search more accurate (i.e. product more discoverable).

The word is only shown as a category ("Style: Duffle") and there are few details to key a search on. I'd think about relisting it as something like "Tan duffle coat, wood toggles, wool blend, Fidelity, BNWT, Large" or something. At least those are the details I was looking at.

user2855

Reaction score
Hey David, thanks for chipping in. Nice listings (and lucky you living on the Northern Beaches - best part of Sydney!). I was actually looking for a duffle a few months back and this would have fit the bill.

As a potential buyer my first thought on reading the description would be to be annoyed and close the tab, no matter what the original issue was. I think clearer listing titles benefit the seller by making the sale more likely and the search more accurate (i.e. product more discoverable).

The word is only shown as a category ("Style: Duffle") and there are few details to key a search on. I'd think about relisting it as something like "Tan duffle coat, wood toggles, wool blend, Fidelity, BNWT, Large" or something. At least those are the details I was looking at.
Hi mate,

Cheers - thanks for the v. helpful feedback and makes good sense.

Will take on board if I relist next weekend.

Definitely very lucky with lifestyle of Northern Beaches!

D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads