• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little left of centre - does anyone know of a tailor who can repair a hand-rolled silk pocket handkerchief? I have snagged the damn thing at some point along the line and one corner has come unrolled...

Nolvadex

Reaction score
I'd consider flying down to Sydney or something to check out suitsupply or something. Make a little boys trip out of it. I personally went with a pretty standard colour for my groomsmen so MJ Bale was fine.

BananaKing

Reaction score
I'd consider flying down to Sydney or something to check out suitsupply or something. Make a little boys trip out of it. I personally went with a pretty standard colour for my groomsmen so MJ Bale was fine.

Yeah was definitely something I’d consider doing re: SS. I’ll see what MJB options look like nowadays.

Seems like besides online vendors like spier McKay there’s not much more variety of options in Aus. But I guess the suit has less and less space for use in our culture so it’s not surprising.

eightace

Reaction score
Any recommendations for polo shirts?

Looking for plain and simple, no patterns, and decent fabric that will last more than a few washes.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re polos, I just bought four Sunspels on sale and am pretty happy thus far.

The model that is most widely distributed is the Riviera - it is the one that they designed for James Bond (Quantum of Solace IIRC), but unless you have a Daniel Craig build it looks a bit dorky, especially as they've added a chest pocket for the retail model.

I have the pique model (https://www.sunspel.com/products/mens-cotton-pique-polo-shirt-black-mpol1028) which is a close analogue to a Uniqlo polo in terms of fit and cut (where Uniqlo excels), but it's pure cotton so it has a bit of give and breathes properly (at this, Uniqlo does not excel).

It is a fine pique, so a bit more dressy than sporty, and the colours are very British - you won't get a lime green or a bright orange or any other summery shades.

If you're in Melbourne, Standard Store in Gertrude Street has some in stock I believe. And, you can go across the road to Modern Classic to compare Aspesi's polos (slightly sportier, very limited colours).

fox81

Reaction score
Anyone going to visit WW Chan when they are here in a few weeks?
Any idea of their current pricing?

BananaKing

Reaction score
Hey guys any suggestions for stores in Brisbane or online shops who sell decent range of ties? Budget $70-120. Besides Kent Wang?

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys any suggestions for stores in Brisbane or online shops who sell decent range of ties? Budget $70-120. Besides Kent Wang?
If you want some Macclesfield prints second-hand, I can make you a very attractive offer on some Marinella, Cappelli, etc...

BananaKing

Reaction score
If you want some Macclesfield prints second-hand, I can make you a very attractive offer on some Marinella, Cappelli, etc...
Thanks for the offer but I’m looking to buy some ties for groomsmen. So looking for more solid kinda patterns.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer but I’m looking to buy some ties for groomsmen. So looking for more solid kinda patterns.

Good bang for buck, made in Italy and easy to get multiples if that's the look you're rolling!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads