• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Classic White T.
Never a problem.
Mine has a miraculous image of Jesus's Guitar.
5C45D961-3BCC-4DA1-B508-98013F8B0F74.png

sensuki

Reaction score
I'm off to Sydney for a few days, does anyone know somewhere I can get my jacket pressed by hand?

Markodevil

Reaction score
Re Oxfords: I ended up making a trip to McClouds and tried a pair of Loakes in a wider fit that seemed to fit pretty nicely. But what is the consensus on their quality? I tried the Aldwych I believe.

Ended up getting the shoes, they look good an feel good. One thing I will say is when they broke in a little they because very squeaky. I wish I could upload a video because it's almost comical how much they squeak, like an old door.

Might be a novice question, but I was wondering if this is just something that comes with these types of shoes, or if it's apart of the break in process?

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting the shoes, they look good an feel good. One thing I will say is when they broke in a little they because very squeaky. I wish I could upload a video because it's almost comical how much they squeak, like an old door.

Might be a novice question, but I was wondering if this is just something that comes with these types of shoes, or if it's apart of the break in process?
They shouldn’t squeak. Usually the result of moisture or air and friction. Not sure how you solve this. I dare say there will be an abundance of advice online.
Haven’t had that issue since i was a school boy.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone visited Mawson Ossa in Sydney?

They’ve been on my radar for a while, and their aesthetic reminds me a little of Saman Amel in Stockholm: not too business or too #menswear.

I was planning to go in before Covid, but have only been back to Sydney once since and didn’t have time.

I have no real sense of where they make or pricing, and there’s precious little info on their website or online.

boot_owl

Reaction score

They’ve been on my radar for a while, and their aesthetic reminds me a little of Saman Amel in Stockholm: not too business or too #menswear.

I was planning to go in before Covid, but have only been back to Sydney once since and didn’t have time.

I have no real sense of where they make or pricing, and there’s precious little info on their website or online.

Nice stuff. Grant is a great guy to chat to, easygoing and knowledgeable.

Timmers

Reaction score

Currently doing a bespoke two-piece through him, has been very good so far. Shoot him a message on Instagram to have a chat

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently doing a bespoke two-piece through him, has been very good so far. Shoot him a message on Instagram to have a chat
What’s the price range for a Mawson Ossa two piece, if I may ask?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in either of these?

1) MJ Bale polo coat (or at least, their version of one). Size 38 / 48. Only sleeves taken up to about 60cm. Happy to part with it for $170 (shipping anywhere within AUS included)
B9803A3D-3D2B-4EB5-87C2-78A16274EC23.jpeg

F8BDEE77-E532-4A00-8A12-CC072C12AD3B.jpeg
2)
25EFDB32-0C51-45E6-90EB-DB1EBB8890BD.jpeg

2) Spier and Mackay navy with blue overcheck sport coat. Size 38 Short. Fabric: Drago. Only sleeves taken up to about 59cm. Pricing this at $160 AUD.
5E3A44FF-AFA1-4007-917F-500D7C042E05.jpeg
8736A5ED-AD09-48DA-A87B-6EC42468F6FD.jpeg

5A65CC0A-6B6E-449E-AE07-1F910A506332.jpeg

SELLING BOTH TOGETHER AT $300 AUD!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads