• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the post. I’m thinking of buying the Christie’s A2 jacket. Would you know if it has any inside pockets say to put a wallet? Also you mentioned you had 2x Christie’s jackets with a slight difference in the leather colour. Is the quality of the leather the same between the 2 Christie’s jackets?
Cheers Duchamp.

No inside pockets on mine

boot_owl

Reaction score
Hi boot_owl, could you post a picture or two of your Christie’s a2 jacket for me to take a look? Cheers!
653DE8A1-C821-4FC6-9F77-07F66D62B6F8.jpeg
DD3D97A5-360A-40C8-9A93-FB2D1816B4F0.jpeg
sure. Not exactly stock configuration (I added a detachable shearling collar),but everything else is as purchased. Probably 3.5 years old now and still looks/feels geeat

Duchamp_MD

Reaction score
Wow, the jacket looks awesome! Looks like a custom G1, Lt Pete Maverick style ? How’s the fit? Is it slim or puffy under the arms?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Wow, the jacket looks awesome! Looks like a custom G1, Lt Pete Maverick style ? How’s the fit? Is it slim or puffy under the arms?
Slightly looser, but I sized up to 42 from my usual 38 to get the length I wanted

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The great H.G.Nelson said it all “a weekend when too much sport is not enough.” No matter what your religious affiliation this weekend has it all Rugby,NRL & AFL?

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
The great H.G.Nelson said it all “a weekend when too much sport is not enough.” No matter what your religious affiliation this weekend has it all Rugby,NRL & AFL?

I was born in Melbourne and lived there the first six years of my life and so I can claim a legitimate interest in AFL.

Incidentally I wonder if you can have too much sport?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
I have been looking for an Auscam Australian Army Woolly Pully of the kind illustrated in the links below - to add to my already extensive collection of its British equivalent in various colours and iterations.
Can any Australian member of the Forum vouch for the reliability of the surplus dealer I have found online at Golbourn NSW?

auscam-woolly-pully
auscam-military-jumper

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
On another note, I am considering applying for an Australian passport, to which I am entitled as I was born there and lived in Australia for six years - and am still very proud of that despite living in England for most of my life. However I shall have to check the dual nationality laws. I am British/Irish at the moment, having taken Irish nationality (being part Irish) in 2016 for reasons that are probably not hard to guess at. … I certainly don’t want to give up the Irish passport because they have been like gold dust for the past five years!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On another note, I am considering applying for an Australian passport, to which I am entitled as I was born there and lived in Australia for six years

Are either of your parents Australian?

Australia has no problems with people holding multiple nationalities. However, from 1986 onwards, it has only awarded citizenship based on the nationality of one, or both, parents (jus sanguinis). Being born in, or spending time living in, Australia doesn't entitle a person to Australian citizenship simply by virtue of being born here (jus soli).

If you were born in Australia between 1949 and 1986 you may be fine, as you may still be able to apply for citizenship based on your birth here during that time.

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
Are either of your parents Australian?

Australia has no problems with people holding multiple nationalities. However, from 1986 onwards, it has only awarded citizenship based on the nationality of one, or both, parents (jus sanguinis). Being born in, or spending time living in, Australia doesn't entitle a person to Australian citizenship simply by virtue of being born here (jus soli).

If you were born in Australia between 1949 and 1986 you may be fine, as you may still be able to apply for citizenship based on your birth here during that time.

Thank you for that very clear explanation of the legalities. Neither of my parents is Australian but I was born there almost mid-point between 1949 and 1986 - namely in 1966.

While we’re on nationality laws, I acquired Irish citizenship because my father and grandfather were born in Northern Ireland, which falls within the Irish government’s criteria for Irish nationality. I have less of a direct connection with either part of Ireland than I have either with Australia or much of mainland Europe, because I have only been to Belfast and Dublin for very brief visits! Why did I take an Irish passport? The clue is in the year: 2016!

ryanohare

Reaction score
On another note, I am considering applying for an Australian passport, to which I am entitled as I was born there and lived in Australia for six years - and am still very proud of that despite living in England for most of my life. However I shall have to check the dual nationality laws. I am British/Irish at the moment, having taken Irish nationality (being part Irish) in 2016 for reasons that are probably not hard to guess at. … I certainly don’t want to give up the Irish passport because they have been like gold dust for the past five years!

Same boat my friend.

Born and raised in Northern Ireland, had two passports my whole life (Irish & British), and now down to just the one - Australian. I often think about going back through the process of getting an Irish one again, but haven't gotten round to it I guess.

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
Same boat my friend.

Born and raised in Northern Ireland, had two passports my whole life (Irish & British), and now down to just the one - Australian. I often think about going back through the process of getting an Irish one again, but haven't gotten round to it I guess.

Thank you for that Ryan. It’s actually not that difficult to get an Irish passport if you have the right documentation, which I’m sure you do. There has been more of a demand for them since the Brexit vote (which was a narrow result and N. Ireland voted decisively against).

For me the Irish passport has immediate advantages for travelling in Europe and keeping a European as well as British and Irish (and Australian) identity. It’s good to have multiple identities ?especially in a more interconnected - and more uncertain - world.

I wish I knew Ireland better and hope to travel there a bit more in future. I have a lot of remote relatives there. Northern Ireland was an afterthought for the populist-right wing Brexit lobby in England, many of whom I think would actually like to go back to a ‘hard border’. We now have a hard border with mainland Europe - which is proving a bit of a disaster now.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads