• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

downunderdoc

Reaction score
Budget for MTM trousers ? Are they formal or casual and why MTM ( sizing, style, material not available ready to where ? )

Happy to explore options in the region of $200 - $400/pair - looking for semi-formal styles (i.e. with just a shirt or an odd jacket). Mainly chasing a better fit than I'm able to get off the rack...

Edentessa

Reaction score
There are a few options for MTM in Brisbane (Not sure about finding them at that price through as no experience )
There are a few shops in Brisbane currently on good discounted sales at the moment that might find a good off the rack margin. Mitch Ogilvie juts went on sale, Xile clothing is closing down and 80% off all and Jo Richards at Richards & Richards on James street is always good to deal with and has plenty of stock at good prices etc

Davewillbox

Reaction score
Anyone ordered from Skolyx? https://www.skolyx.se/en/

Looking at some sneakers and they seem to have good value for money and reviews. Interested in any local perspectives?
I haven't personally but have been looking at these after seeing Olof1982 post about them on Instagram. There seem to be a few from Scandinavia that do decent looking suede sneakers.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Thanks gents.

Works our around $160 with exchange rate, which is pretty reasonable for sneakers.

I'm realising my entire 'corporate' wardrobe has to be updated given no one seems to wear actual shoes anymore.

Davewillbox

Reaction score
Thanks gents.

Works our around $160 with exchange rate, which is pretty reasonable for sneakers.

I'm realising my entire 'corporate' wardrobe has to be updated given no one seems to wear actual shoes anymore.
Shoes are one of my poisons, but I know what you mean. Admittedly I don't wear many oxfords anymore (if ever) but pride myself on having decent shoe options. People seem to notice too, which helps keep me going against the very casual trend in my workplace.

OzWino

Reaction score
Half the staff at my office look like they have just finished cleaning out the garage on the weekend. As for shoes, I fear we are but a few moments away from seeing Crocs. It's truly woeful.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have told this anecdote before, but when I started my current job, I turned up in a navy odd jacket, grey trousers, a Brooks Brothers shirt with a button-down collar, and a knit tie. By StyleForum standards, I was dressed casually! :tongue:

My new manager met me at the entrance to the office, raised an eyebrow, and said, "You're wearing a suit, and a tie?!"

As I walked around the corner to my new desk, I noticed that the bloke sitting in the pod next to me was wearing a t-shirt, faded black jeans, and Dunlop Volleys.

OzWino

Reaction score
Yep, that sounds familiar.

I have now stopped wearing a tie though.

So what are the CM peeps wearing in the office these days?

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have told this anecdote before, but when I started my current job, I turned up in a navy odd jacket, grey trousers, a Brooks Brothers shirt with a button-down collar, and a knit tie. By StyleForum standards, I was dressed casually! :tongue:

My new manager met me at the entrance to the office, raised an eyebrow, and said, "You're wearing a suit, and a tie?!"

As I walked around the corner to my new desk, I noticed that the bloke sitting in the pod next to me was wearing a t-shirt, faded black jeans, and Dunlop Volleys.
Working in the legal field. Most days for me unless I'm expected at court its "dress" pants and ocbd or long sleeve polo/rollneck paired with a barbour coat for me. Some days the blazer even makes an appearance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads