• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no, I have met him and spoken to him. I cannot get along with him. And that's my politeness being stretched wafer thin.
How come? I have always found him pleasurable to deal with though I'm based in perth and never actually met him in person

In the alternative. Sam hober for custom bow ties....

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How come? I have always found him pleasurable to deal with though I'm based in perth and never actually met him in person

and therein, as the Bard would tell us, lies the rub

Also, thank you for your input. I've traversed that option, as well as plenty of others. I'm just going to stick to the bowtie I already have.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2556613B-93D6-4901-960F-2650DF01AE14.jpeg

in store only ... mumble :censored:mumble

RGLZ

Reaction score
I know we've complained a lot about shipping times over the years but I still can't believe it's going to take 2 weeks a company called Sendle to deliver to Brisbane from Sydney :deadhorse:
Sendle mean well but I would not recommend.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Anyone interested in some polo suede tassel Carmina loafers UK 10.5 before I put them on Grailed / eBay?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t comment because I don’t own any but it ”sounds” like a very good deal
2F5AE940-722D-4863-BE27-5E66CB65A94F.jpeg

conqueror

Reaction score
recommendation for a OTR button-down collared dress shirt (not a thick, casual OCDB) in light blue for less than $180 or so? kamakura was my first thought, but i would prefer domestic if i need to make a return. suitsupply? i picked up my institchu shirt today...no comment.

edit: uniqlo are normally fine, but their collars are usually too short if worn with a tie.

Last edited:

BananaKing

Reaction score
recommendation for a OTR button-down collared dress shirt (not a thick, casual OCDB) in light blue for less than $180 or so? kamakura was my first thought, but i would prefer domestic if i need to make a return. suitsupply? i picked up my institchu shirt today...no comment.

edit: uniqlo are normally fine, but their collars are usually too short if worn with a tie.

sorry not sure about local given Brisbane has no really options. But do love my BD Kamakura shirts (just ensure to check measurements as cuts don’t fit everyone) and also found Spier Mackay BD collars have good length and roll - certainly a few steps above Uniqlo. Shipping cost sucks on SM though.

NikG

Reaction score

+1 both Kamakura and S&M (shipping is killer as mentioned, something ridiculous like $40 USD from memory).

Would also add Drake’s during their Archive sales. They can be had for around $130 and I’ve found returns to be very easy. Always a wide range of styles in variety of sizes and, in my opinion, they have the nicest collar roll.

Cavour is another great option as well. Really nice stuff at a fair price (their Sartoria line is exceptional). They also have 50% off at the moment and offer free returns via DHL. Shipping is also reasonable (about $12 USD from memory and free on orders over $250 USD).

Also, if you don’t know already, PayPal refund up to $45 on return costs you might incur (they allow up to 10 returns per year I think).

Best of luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads