• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The eBay account is "MissMehri" and his wife's name is Mehri (no, I'm not an obsessive stalker - he's mentioned his wife on his blog multiple times). So yes, it's most likely the same suit.

He's not doing himself any favours with the listing - poor photos and no actual measurements.

But he's "175cm with a slim/athletic build" and the siz eis marked as M.

That's all anyone would need to know before dropping $1200 on a suit!

Nbarbar

Reaction score
But he's "175cm with a slim/athletic build" and the siz eis marked as M.

The search string P.Johnson returns some interesting results in eBay!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Especially a suit that looks as good as this!

2-1050x700.jpg

Edentessa

Reaction score
If you guys are after a Brand new suit at all for roughly that size ( 48EU ) check out my Zegna listing on here for a ridiculously good price on a premium fabric suit

aussiejake

Reaction score
Price drops on shoes for any size 7.5 UK / 8.5 US. Check my classifieds.

Happy to do a deal for fellow AU members. Also a few pairs not listed that I can detail (e.g. C&J Shell Cordovan).

ryanohare

Reaction score
The eBay account is "MissMehri" and his wife's name is Mehri (no, I'm not an obsessive stalker - he's mentioned his wife on his blog multiple times). So yes, it's most likely the same suit.

He's not doing himself any favours with the listing - poor photos and no actual measurements.

I'm kinda torn on this one. In one sense - it's not his fault (or whoever it is that's selling thins thing). The suit is appalling, especially what was paid for it, and he should have got a full refund or another suit made entirely from scratch.

That said, whomever is selling this knows that, so to now try to flog it onto someone else for $1200 just doesn't pass the pub test frankly.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Price drops on shoes for any size 7.5 UK / 8.5 US. Check my classifieds.

Happy to do a deal for fellow AU members. Also a few pairs not listed that I can detail (e.g. C&J Shell Cordovan).
Ive had luck selling my used pairs on the welted shoes Australia fb group if you’re not on there

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sup, sartorial sum'bitches

anyone have an oversized, self-tie, black, satin bow tie you want to sell? extra props if it's Tom Ford.

I've given up on e-commerce for this specific find.
Sam hober custom made or le Noued papillon

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sup, sartorial sum'bitches

anyone have an oversized, self-tie, black, satin bow tie you want to sell? extra props if it's Tom Ford.

Nabiiiiiiiiil! Long time no see - hope that things are going well.

I have a regular-size, self-tie, black, satin bow tie - but that's not really any help to you.

How large are we talking? The sort of style that was popular in the late 1970s/early 1980s, with the big 'butterfly wing' look? The sort that was briefly brought back by Alber Elbaz at Lanvin?

3947-Alber-Elbaz.jpg

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nabiiiiiiiiil! Long time no see - hope that things are going well.

I have a regular-size, self-tie, black, satin bow tie - but that's not really any help to you.

How large are we talking? The sort of style that was popular in the late 1970s/early 1980s, with the big 'butterfly wing' look? The sort that was briefly brought back by Alber Elbaz at Lanvin?

3947-Alber-Elbaz.jpg

Maaaaaaate. I'm well, thank you!

That's how large we're talking. I had a Lanvin one that's gone missing. I wish I could say at some black tie event, but alas, it is a much less fanciful reason - I think I've left it behind in Singapore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads