• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RGLZ

Reaction score
Thoughts on Common Projects alternatives in Australia? The local prices are insane and I can never find my size on sale. RM Williams have a similar sneaker and there are a bunch of alternatives from the UK. Any others?
Buttero Tanino

Among the million 'white sneaker price transparency' blah blah model Oliver Cabell look OK.

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Adidas Superstar/Stan Smith Premium leather for me. Around $200 retail but these always go on sale
48571.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on Common Projects alternatives in Australia?

Quite a few people seem to recommend Oliver Cabell, although I've never tried them:

Kent Wang, from Texas, also sells similar, minimalist sneakers, although I have read that they are fairly narrow:

Country Road have a plain, white, leather sneaker. The current version is made of smooth leather, but I have a pebble-grain version from about five years ago and I'm still wearing them.

flashjack

Reaction score
Thoughts on Common Projects alternatives in Australia? The local prices are insane and I can never find my size on sale. RM Williams have a similar sneaker and there are a bunch of alternatives from the UK. Any others?
CQP racquets? Modern Classic Shop stocks 'em.

Dust For Eyes

Reaction score
I've been really enjoying wearing my Informale easy trousers, wool socks and a pair of slippers at home this autumn/winter.
Do Informale do sales? I’ve got my eye on those easy trousers as well, but was hoping for an EOFY sale.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Apologies as this is entirely the wrong thread, but, on the off chance: do any of you guys have any recommendations for menswear shops/brands based in Auckland, NZ?

sensuki

Reaction score
Do Informale do sales? I’ve got my eye on those easy trousers as well, but was hoping for an EOFY sale.

No they don't. I've never seen them do a blanket sale, and I've never bought any of their products on sale. Mostly they'll do a free shipping on all orders. I think I've seen a couple of one off sales, maybe limited to a specific item.

Unlike most outfits they're a small brand and they don't do 'seasons'. They release one product every so often.

If you get one, I recommend the green color over the grey! In low light it looks like a warm charcoal, and in the sun you can see all the different colors - it's got bits of yellow, brown and orange in it etc, lovely shade.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Received my belt from Crown & Anchor Leather. Don’t have any other natural veg tan leather belts to compare it to. Simple and neatly finished - it’s a belt for jeans so not looking for any features that are too fancy. Asked for a leather keeper rather than the usual brass ones Clint provided and he did a good job. Looks tidy with the slight bezel finish on it.

If I had my time again I’d ask for 5 holes instead of 7 and 1-2 inches less tail past the centre hole.

Happy with it and hope it wears in well.
897B8ABA-AF3C-453E-A514-2F8CB50EF33D.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads