• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Contango

Reaction score
If cost isn’t a constraint then book a couple of flights to Syd or Melb and go to one of the better, more trusted vendors ;) Free holiday included.

conqueror

Reaction score
i'm actually going to institchu in a fortnight for a shirt, but not expecting much.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a natural veg tan leather belt to go with jeans. Keen to get the honeyed patina. Any recommendations on who might be making them in Aus? See quite a few on Etsy but don’t really know who is using quality leather.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a natural veg tan leather belt to go with jeans. Keen to get the honeyed patina. Any recommendations on who might be making them in Aus? See quite a few on Etsy but don’t really know who is using quality leather.

Did you have a budget and particular natural veg in mind? I'm part of the Aussie leatherworking community so I know quite a few people who could do it for you.

https://www.kieranthecobbler.com/product-page/ocean-side-leather-belt for example could do Hermann Oak, Horween Essex, or Wickett and Craig. He could probably even do Bakers if your budget stretches that far.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Did you have a budget and particular natural veg in mind? I'm part of the Aussie leatherworking community so I know quite a few people who could do it for you.

https://www.kieranthecobbler.com/product-page/ocean-side-leather-belt for example could do Hermann Oak, Horween Essex, or Wickett and Craig. He could probably even do Bakers if your budget stretches that far.
Happy to pay $80-120 for something solid. My only decent belt is an Equus Bakers oak bridle leather.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Happy to pay $80-120 for something solid. My only decent belt is an Equus Bakers oak bridle leather.

That’s a damn fine belt.

couple leatherworkers came back to me:

Crown and anchor has some natural wickett and Craig for $120

3C46929B-CBAB-4D83-9DA5-85F8CB78BB35.jpeg

And bakers for more around $160

5B85D4FA-FDD1-4306-8BF2-4952CE3BD198.jpeg

RGLZ

Reaction score
Alright folks, hit me up with your store recommendations for a tie purchase in Sydney/Melb over the next week? I've got an event next Friday night (which rules out Vanda and most other global shipping options). Looking for a green grenadine, or a navy and white striped effort.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Modern Classic Shop
Double Monk

BananaKing

Reaction score
Awesome thanks mate, I'll check them out.

Yeah I do love the Equus belt with the stitched construction - honestly feels like the belt will out live me. Do you have any thoughts regarding the rivet vs stitched construction in terms of function/longevity?

That’s a damn fine belt.

couple leatherworkers came back to me:

boot_owl

Reaction score
Awesome thanks mate, I'll check them out.

Yeah I do love the Equus belt with the stitched construction - honestly feels like the belt will out live me. Do you have any thoughts regarding the rivet vs stitched construction in terms of function/longevity?

In terms of function and structural integrity, rivets are just as strong as stitching. The cases where they would have a difference are very much fringe - stitching weaker if constantly abraded. Rivets weaker if they were the wrong size or are constantly being pulled apart

Edentessa

Reaction score
Hi all
I am a new registered active member to Style Forum ( but have been a long time follower )
Just letting all the Australian members know that i have uploaded some shoes and clothing ( all brand new ) for sale on the forum site. Accumulated through working in mens sartorial retail over the years and only selling as i am moving and downsizing unworn wardrobe etc (Free shipping Australia wide ) Also listed on ebay for sale a few other Jacob cohen jeans that i am yet to put up here etc Willing to do some great deals on bundle purchases

boot_owl

Reaction score
Hi all
I am a new registered active member to Style Forum ( but have been a long time follower )
Just letting all the Australian members know that i have uploaded some shoes and clothing ( all brand new ) for sale on the forum site. Accumulated through working in mens sartorial retail over the years and only selling as i am moving and downsizing unworn wardrobe etc (Free shipping Australia wide ) Also listed on ebay for sale a few other Jacob cohen jeans that i am yet to put up here etc Willing to do some great deals on bundle purchases

Saw some shoes there that might do well on the Welted Shoes Australia group on Facebook

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads