• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RGLZ

Reaction score
Any chance to get the Corneliani pieces put up on the webstore for us non-Melbourne residents??
Unfortunately not, we don't have the means in terms of staff to upload product properly especially samples at the moment. If you are a size 50 and want anything in particular feel free to PM me your mobile number or email for some photos.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night went to see Robyn Nevin in A German Life a play about the life of Brunhilde Pomsel, secretary to the Shah of Blah, Goebbles, “his suits were beautiful.”

Playing also in Brisbane and Melbourne. Fantastic, live theatre at its best. Definitely worth seeing, also great going out to live theatre again.

conqueror

Reaction score
i have a barely used barbour beaufort for sale, size 40 in navy. dm me if you're keen.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if chain stitch jeans hemming is available in Brisbane? Google is giving me big fat zero...

conqueror

Reaction score
Does anyone know if chain stitch jeans hemming is available in Brisbane? Google is giving me big fat zero...
i only know of the following stores that offer chainstitching in australia:

- pickings and parry (melbourne)
- urahara (melbourne, formerly godspeed)
- corlection (melbourne and sydney)
- blue works (sydney)

a few others did in the past (e.g. RHD in adelaide), but they've all closed or stopped.

urahara and corlection let you ship jeans to them for hemming or repair if you live elsewhere; i've used the former twice without any dramas.

Last edited:

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i only know of the following stores that offer chainstitching in australia:

- pickings and parry (melbourne)
- urahara (melbourne, formerly godspeed)
- corlection (melbourne and sydney)
- blue works (sydney)

a few others did in the past (e.g. RHD in adelaide), but they've all closed or stopped.

urahara and corlection let you ship jeans to them for hemming or repair if you live elsewhere; i've used the former twice without any dramas.

Thanks. I know the Melbourne stores well, am just moving back from there in fact. I fear that once postage both ways is factored in, hemming turns into a $60-$70 cost alas!

conqueror

Reaction score
Thanks. I know the Melbourne stores well, am just moving back from there in fact. I fear that once postage both ways is factored in, hemming turns into a $60-$70 cost alas!
yeah, you're looking at $20 absolute minimum on postage alone.

flashjack

Reaction score
Bit of a long shot, but you could try hitting up Nudie Jeans. Their Fortitude Valley shop does repairs, maybe they could be talked into it?

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I am thinking I’ll take the risk of having them hemmed at the vendor (Tanuki) in Japan. They seem confident on a 5cm shrinkage in length, based on the inseam of their one wash (which are out of stock in my size everywhere in the world!).

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Although having said that I’m due to go to Sydney for work soon. @Journeyman any idea what Mikhail charges? And turnaround time?)

@The False Prophet - To be honest, I can't remember how much he cost, as it was about seven - eight years ago now. However, it wasn't a huge amount. He told me to just put cash in the pocket of the jeans when I sent them to him for alteration.

Mikhail was very responsive to e-mails and once he received the jeans, it only took him a couple of days to do the alterations and to send it back in the post pack that I'd included with the jeans.

However, as I said, that was years ago now, so I don't know his current situation!

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Crazy what a hair dryer can do! This is my 10 year old, Italian made derbies from Aquila.
20210518_140323.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads