• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited Charles Nahkle today at his Castle Hill workshop. Reversed my earlier decision of going OTR, and took the plunge with two more shirts. Both Alumo. Blue stripes on white. One in twill, one in linen-cotton. Still priced about $350 each, which is pretty amazing, given those were his prices back in 2012-2013. Apparently, he’s also teamed up with a guy who used to work with Adamo, and is now taking measurements for suits, made here in Sydney!

Markodevil

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Tailorsmark? Been looking for tailors with a good price around Melbourne and they seem to be the only one I have found that fits the bill. I have seen Bespoke of Melbourne, but I can't find any prices listed on their website.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Tailorsmark? Been looking for tailors with a good price around Melbourne and they seem to be the only one I have found that fits the bill.

Unfortunately, the Tailors Mark website has a number of red flags for me:
- The suit in the main photo looks awful;
- The front page makes the ludicrous claim that they "make Australia's most exceptional bespoke suits" and yet then says that it takes one visit; and
- It states that your 3D pattern is scanned and printed, but then states that the pattern is "created by hand in Melbourne by master tailors".

In other words, the website features a load of advertising puffery, while the photos don't bear out the claims.

I think established MTO places like Oscar Hunt, which has a good reputation and where prices start at the same price or lower than Tailors Mark, would serve you better.

Markodevil

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Tailors Mark website has a number of red flags for me:
- The suit in the main photo looks awful;
- The front page makes the ludicrous claim that they "make Australia's most exceptional bespoke suits" and yet then says that it takes one visit; and
- It states that your 3D pattern is scanned and printed, but then states that the pattern is "created by hand in Melbourne by master tailors".

In other words, the website features a load of advertising puffery, while the photos don't bear out the claims.

I think established MTO places like Oscar Hunt, which has a good reputation and where prices start at the same price or lower than Tailors Mark, would serve you better.
I had my suspicions about their claims, thought I would ask here though to make sure. My knowledge from trying to research tailors in Melbourne has given me "avoid Germanicos" but not much else. I failed to mention that I was searching to get some shirts made first (since I can't for the life of me find an OTR shirt with the style of collar I want), I assume Oscar Hunt will be the best choice for both a suit and shirts?

*in my original post I meant to say "Bespoke Corner Tailors Melbourne" not "Bespoke of Melbourne" but since they don't list any prices on their website I assume they are far out of my budget anyway.

jameswang

Reaction score
Visited Charles Nahkle today at his Castle Hill workshop. Reversed my earlier decision of going OTR, and took the plunge with two more shirts. Both Alumo. Blue stripes on white. One in twill, one in linen-cotton. Still priced about $350 each, which is pretty amazing, given those were his prices back in 2012-2013. Apparently, he’s also teamed up with a guy who used to work with Adamo, and is now taking measurements for suits, made here in Sydney!
Hi mate, do you know the price for suits (I provide fabrics)?cheers!

jameswang

Reaction score
Sorry... no idea. I go to Charles mainly for shirts. That’s his specialty.
Thanks mate! I asked Charles and he told me the suits program is still on trail. If possible, could u please share some places for CMT (I provide fabrics) bespoke pants. I asked M&R tailor, and they charge 320 for it.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received an email this morning from Herring Shoes...WTF

Church Brand Repositioning
Dear
We have just been informed that Church Shoes Ltd have decided to increase their prices to reposition their brand at a higher price point. As a simple example, in the UK the price of Consul, a black calf, toe-cap Oxford will increase from the current price of £495 to £720. As one of our customers, who has bought Church shoes in the past, we wanted to let you know so that you can get them at the existing prices while our stocks last. There is also the promotion below to get an extra discount until Monday!

To say we were shocked to see this announcement on Monday would be an understatement. We have worked closely with the brand for decades and had no prior warning that this was happening so we are genuinely struggling to understand the thinking behind this strategy and the implications this will have for us as a retailer of the brand going forward.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Wowsers - an almost 50% price increase. That's almost AUD$1300 at current exchange rates.

That's a heck of a jump, particularly if there is no accompanying increase in quality.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Wowsers - an almost 50% price increase. That's almost AUD$1300 at current exchange rates.

That's a heck of a jump, particularly if there is no accompanying increase in quality.
It strikes me as an absurd move. I wonder if the company has been bought out by a major luxe player who believes they can reposition the brand.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have been owned by Prada for close to a decade.... I don’t think most people have noticed any difference since the purchase.
Interesting why skyrocket prices now. I have two pair of Church shoes an Oxford and a Brogue both bought about 12 years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics