• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Journalists (still) here? I’ve found that quality of he paper in the Moleskine has improved to the point where their is no bleed through when using a fountain pen.

I need a new one soon and looking at Rhodia any thoughts on the paper quality?
While I’m no journalist, have used Moleskine’s for decades and never suffered bleed. (Principle pen is Sailors)

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a new one soon and looking at Rhodia any thoughts on the paper quality?

Very similar, in my experience.

However, take that with a grain of salt as both my Moleskine and my Rodia notebooks are some years old.

Also, like @Scuppers, I haven't noticed any bleed-through of ink with either. I've used both Parker and Lamy Safari fountain pens without problems.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

However, take that with a grain of salt as both my Moleskine and my Rodia notebooks are some years old.

Also, like @Scuppers, I haven't noticed any bleed-through of ink with either. I've used both Parker and Lamy Safari fountain pens without problems.
I have the new rodia pads and can confirm the ink don’t leak

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered from Trunk Clothiers in the UK recently? Since my last order, they've changed to using DHL. I've had bad experienced with DHL in terms of tariffs/duties/GST/hold ups etc. They said 'no' to my suggestion of using Royal Mail...

flashjack

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered from Trunk Clothiers in the UK recently? Since my last order, they've changed to using DHL. I've had bad experienced with DHL in terms of tariffs/duties/GST/hold ups etc. They said 'no' to my suggestion of using Royal Mail...
I bought a pair of Resolute jeans from Trunk in November, delivery via DHL took a little over a week but I didn't get stung with any extra fees.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ACA2C537-F359-4A82-A096-59915A9031AE.jpeg
486A4D54-C732-40AF-8A7B-A8A6F3E2DB6F.jpeg
E30E9885-D44C-4616-9B32-891553C13D65.jpeg

RGLZ

Reaction score
Pop up sale from tomorrow (if we get setup in time) for the month of December - 429 Toorak Rd, Toorak (corner of Wallace Ave).

SS21 samples - Corneliani, Gran Sasso, Paul & Shark, Gardeur
Stock - Paul & Shark, Gran Sasso, BRAX, AT.P.CO + more

Also heaps of previous season stock, samples, clearance etc etc etc

Some SS21 samples have been uploaded here - shop.gustoclothing.com. Feel free to reserve stock here to try on, I can put aside.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered a Rhodia notebook off Amazon no lingering Black Friday discount...sigh.

I have a 60’s Parker and a Dupont. How do you find the Lamy Safari to write with, the ergonomics look interesting. For a number of years I used Pilot disposable fountain pens.

Went to Uniqulo while in Sydney cotton/linen camp shirts, nice but mother of god linen trousers with partial elasticised waists...the horror the horror almost as bad as watching the Wallabies v Argentina game.

Also spent a couple of hours at the AGNSW Streeton exhibition...marvellous, highly recommended.

Last edited:

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy Bick 4 leather conditioner in Australia? Preferably online or in Sydney.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks both of you for your invaluable help here. I'm really after information from someone who has bought the product in Australia.

Instead of trying to be sarcastic, perhaps try being clearer in the questions you're asking and you might get the information you're after from the sources you want.

Does anyone know where to buy Bick 4 leather conditioner in Australia? Preferably online or in Sydney.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks both of you for your invaluable help here. I'm really after information from someone who has bought the product in Australia.

as in whether someone has bought it at a shopfront/bricks and mortar store, OR online locally as Gerry has linked, OR are you seeking information from someone in Australia who has experience with the product who can review/give their 2 cents? Your post was rather ambiguous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads