• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanohare

Reaction score
1602044383037.png

Pitti in Canberra turned out to be a unwise move.

sensuki

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of the linen masks, ordered a cotton one a while back and it's been great, really good fit.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
A bit of news for my fellow Adelaideans.
We now have a tailoring focussed vintage/consignment store.
I helped get it running and have a hand in it.

I feel it's been a need for a while. We've got some cool vintage stores but nothing really catered to the more sartorially inclined. Hopefully this can alleviate that.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds great, and I hope that it does well.

Your main issue may be getting sufficient stock - I know that in Brisbane, there is very little good stuff in op shops because there simply aren't that many people wearing nice clothes.

Hopefully, they fact that you're selling on consignment in Australia will help to attract some people who would otherwise be reluctant to pay to ship stuff overseas to somewhere like Luxeswap.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Sounds great, and I hope that it does well.

Your main issue may be getting sufficient stock - I know that in Brisbane, there is very little good stuff in op shops because there simply aren't that many people wearing nice clothes.

Hopefully, they fact that you're selling on consignment in Australia will help to attract some people who would otherwise be reluctant to pay to ship stuff overseas to somewhere like Luxeswap.
Thanks for the well wishes!
Valid points all round.
Thankfully sufficient stocking isn't too much an issue - we're happy to keep it small as it's a service extension of an existing clothing business.
There have certainly been enough people voicing a wish for a consignment service like this around here, so hopefully it gets put to good use.

zhenjie

Reaction score

I feel it's been a need for a while. We've got some cool vintage stores but nothing really catered to the more sartorially inclined. Hopefully this can alleviate that.

Nice one Sam! great news for Adelaideans and Aussie.

My feedback is to invest in a better mannequin (ie ones made for tailors/menswear stores with fabric, wooden arms, etc). Here's what I use:

DSCF3123.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Myer has a 20% off Beauty sale today including fragrances. Tom Ford, Floris, Creed and others included

Only today, or does it go for a little while?

I didn't even realise that Myer stocked TF and Creed - but then again, it's been a few years since I've even bothered to step inside a Myer store.

TS2404

Reaction score

I didn't even realise that Myer stocked TF and Creed - but then again, it's been a few years since I've even bothered to step inside a Myer store.

Just a 24 hour sale so it ends at midnight tonight.

Yeah, it does sometimes surprise me what MYER stocks too. Although not so much in the menswear department which is fairly grim.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found Myer (previously) to be best for Reg Grundies in terms of price for EMcP HK which i see have been taken over by Jockey, cut of their jib is exactly the same.

Wooworths are the best for 3 packs of Bonds wife beaters,opps Jackie Howe‘s. I bought a twin pack of classic Brando style organic white cotton T Shirts from Muji yesterday and one of their pique cotton polos good. value in terms of prices. The Muji casual winter shirts i’ve bought have all been good quality.

The kitchen department is good for bargain most of fry pans and pots all 25 years old and still in good nick. Cake tins come from there all bought for half price or less. Stock always appears to be on sale last bought a Tefal non stick frypan DJ’s had it $150 online $130 Myers $60 so it has its uses.

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one, does anyone know the format your phone number needs to be in when ordering from kamakura? Have tried several options and site won't accept them. And of course to ask online you have to put your phone number in.

Kama.PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads