• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’m a 39/15.5 in your usual shirt sizing, and the neck size is fine, but the sleeve length is a tad bit long... what sizing would I be looking at with Kamakura? So many sizing options there it boggles the mind.

I personally haven't worn any Kamakura shirts, because I've been deterred by the variety of sizing options that you mentioned. However, a couple of friends have shirts from them, and they both experienced some sleeve shrinkage but, interestingly, no collar shrinkage. One of them had to give away his shirts as a result, as the sleeves became too short.

So if in doubt, go with a bit of a longer sleeve length.

I actually tried on a couple of Kamakura shirts (or Maker's Shirt, as it's called in Japan) in their original Kamakura store at Christmastime, but they didn't have my size and they advised me to go to one of the stores in Tokyo to try on different sizes. Unfortunately, I never happened to be in the vicinity of one of their Tokyo stores, so I still don't know my size!

flashjack

Reaction score
Hey all... got a question about Kamakura shirts.

If I’m a 39/15.5 in your usual shirt sizing, and the neck size is fine, but the sleeve length is a tad bit long... what sizing would I be looking at with Kamakura? So many sizing options there it boggles the mind.

I know some of us have tried them out before, which is why I’m asking
You may want to look at their "Tokyo slim fit", they've got shorter sleeves and a shorter body length than their New York fit.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From memory, the Kamakura Shirts website does have a "size comparison" feature, so you can choose from a few different brands in which you know your fit already, and it will then tell you what size you should take in Kamakura.

coldbrew

Reaction score

coldbrew

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I needwant some dress gloves.

Has anyone got any recommendations?
Merola is quite nice. Got a pair of peccary gloves for around 2 years, quality is pretty good. Should have bought an unlined one, my cashmere lined one is just a bit too hot for the Australian winter.

coldbrew

Reaction score
Hey gents looking for hair product recommendations.

I’ve got relatively straight Asian hair which I side part and sweep up and to one side. Nothing fancy.

Have been sparingly using a single tub of pink Gatsby wax for 3 years. It’s matte finish and ?medium strength hold.

What’s an inexpensive similar (or superior) product which might be accessible in QLD?
Uppercut will get the job done.

ryanohare

Reaction score
I personally haven't worn any Kamakura shirts, because I've been deterred by the variety of sizing options that you mentioned. However, a couple of friends have shirts from them, and they both experienced some sleeve shrinkage but, interestingly, no collar shrinkage. One of them had to give away his shirts as a result, as the sleeves became too short.

So if in doubt, go with a bit of a longer sleeve length.

I actually tried on a couple of Kamakura shirts (or Maker's Shirt, as it's called in Japan) in their original Kamakura store at Christmastime, but they didn't have my size and they advised me to go to one of the stores in Tokyo to try on different sizes. Unfortunately, I never happened to be in the vicinity of one of their Tokyo stores, so I still don't know my size!

EDIT.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Hey all... got a question about Kamakura shirts.

I know some of us have tried them out before, which is why I’m asking

boot_owl

Reaction score

Heldan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a suit. Budget $600-$900 or any shop I could rent from ? I just need one for a week end >_<
I had a look on Suitsupply but I don't like their current collection

ovlov

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a suit. Budget $600-$900 or any shop I could rent from ? I just need one for a week end >_<

What for? Where are you? When do you need it? You won't get much useful help unless you add some detail.

chatelet

Reaction score
This is what MJ Bale is built for. Widely available, fits your budget (and much less if discounted), and lasts about one weekend (that last bit is unfair but you get my point - don’t stress too much if it’s something you’ll wear infrequently).

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Nothing on suitsupply that you don’t like?! I think you need to broaden your horizons just a bit..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads