• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAs anyone here tried this option out with Gentlemen's footwear or anyone else? I'd love some feedback asto how it went, whether the fitting was successful, etc.

I haven't tried it - but this is the internet, so it won't stop me from offering an opinion! ;-)

I think that for people who are pretty thin and of regular dimensions, it's not a bad option as such people are generally pretty easy to fit.

However, for people who are carrying a bit of extra weight (like me!), it's a different situation. Obviously, everyone is different but if you're not of "average" build, I really think that you're asking for trouble, or at least for a lot of effort, if you order MTO clothing remotely.

I know that Orazio Luciano is popular on SF, and their clothes are of high quality - but quality is pointless if it doesn't fit well. So I think that what you really need to ask yourself, is why do you want to do this - is it just because of the name?

My 2 cents worth is that you're better off going somewhere local where you can get fitted up in person, rather than spending the equivalent of $4000 or $5000 and also spending six months sending parcels back and forth across the Pacific in the hope of getting a decent fit.

Of course, I could be wrong (it's happened before!) but in all honesty, unless you're an easy fit, I think that getting a remote MTO suit is likely to result in a lengthy, frustrating and expensive experience.

ovlov

Reaction score
I haven't tried it - but this is the internet, so it won't stop me from offering an opinion! ;-)

I think that for people who are pretty thin and of regular dimensions, it's not a bad option as such people are generally pretty easy to fit.

However, for people who are carrying a bit of extra weight (like me!), it's a different situation. Obviously, everyone is different but if you're not of "average" build, I really think that you're asking for trouble, or at least for a lot of effort, if you order MTO clothing remotely.

I know that Orazio Luciano is popular on SF, and their clothes are of high quality - but quality is pointless if it doesn't fit well. So I think that what you really need to ask yourself, is why do you want to do this - is it just because of the name?

My 2 cents worth is that you're better off going somewhere local where you can get fitted up in person, rather than spending the equivalent of $4000 or $5000 and also spending six months sending parcels back and forth across the Pacific in the hope of getting a decent fit.

Of course, I could be wrong (it's happened before!) but in all honesty, unless you're an easy fit, I think that getting a remote MTO suit is likely to result in a lengthy, frustrating and expensive experience.

You could be right mate. The main reason I am considering it is that i really like the Neapolitan style that they do and there really aren't any options for that in Australia. Furthermore between covid restrictions and recent lifestyle changes I don't think I will be travelling interstate anywhere near as much as I used to. So unless I can find someone I like in Adelaide I'M going to have trouble anyway. I commissioned my last suit via TFC and still do t have it yet for various reasons. But that was commissioned back when i would travel to sydney 3-4 times a year. If i did it again i would need to actually factor the cost of flight into my budget for a suit.
I'd probably still prefer to go with someone in Australia who can do proper fittings, but unless you can point me to someone reputable who does Neapolitan style....

(Btw i actually enquired with PJT about their carrera line, but it was prohibitively expensive and then there's their less than stellar reputation these days to deal with as well)

sensuki

Reaction score
Have you checked out Mawson Ossa?

I'm going to their trunk show in Melbourne next week. There's not much info out there about them, but from what I can gather it appears to be a similar operation to TFC Zing Chen line (MO do the fittings and made in Hong Kong, bespoke @ similar price point), looks more Neapolitan though rather than the fuller more American (?) cut of Zing Chen.

I'm just ordering trousers as I haven't quite decided who I want to use for my next jacket.

I remember seeing that sebastian mcfox ordered an overcoat through them, he will probably know more than I do.

eightace

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I needwant some dress gloves.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I needwant some dress gloves.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

If you can't find anywhere to buy a pair in Sydney (does Henry Bucks stock gloves?), then do make sure that you measure your hand to get a reasonable idea of fit.

Dents make good gloves: https://au.dentsgloves.com/collections/mens-classic-gloves

Personally, I prefer suede as it looks a bit more casual and the leather doesn't "creak" as you grip something with them. Lamb leather is very soft but probably not as durable.

eightace

Reaction score
If you can't find anywhere to buy a pair in Sydney (does Henry Bucks stock gloves?), then do make sure that you measure your hand to get a reasonable idea of fit.

Dents make good gloves: https://au.dentsgloves.com/collections/mens-classic-gloves

Personally, I prefer suede as it looks a bit more casual and the leather doesn't "creak" as you grip something with them. Lamb leather is very soft but probably not as durable.

Thanks, JM.

I forgot about Henry Bucks - I'll take a look there tomorrow.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My barber in Civic has closed his doors.:brick::censored: I’ve been seeing him for about six years or more. Any one in Canberra able to recommend a decent barber on the North Side?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads