• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Myers? Store of the perpetual sale, good for jocks and socks. Chesty Bonds, wife beaters or Jackie Howe for the politically correct are now cheaper in Woolworths.

Steepleman

Reaction score
What's so bad about Myer? Sure, their ties are all nasty embroidered stuff and their socks as short as possible (seriously—does no one wear normal-length socks anymore apart from schoolboys and girls?) but they are all right for casual wear.

Contango

Reaction score
Even if some of the stock is fine you’re inevitably unable to buy it due to the lack of checkout staff.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking ahead to summer anyone own Drake Espardrilles?

Just after an opinion on fit. Are they a broad or slim width?

ryanohare

Reaction score
50% off Christian Kimber's stuff in the Harrolds sale today if anyone's interested.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking ahead to summer anyone own Drake Espardrilles?

Just after an opinion on fit. Are they a broad or slim width?

I know that you only asked for an opinion on fit, GF, but I'd have a really hard time paying more than about $50 for a pair of espadrilles.

I stocked up on about eight pairs during a Country Road sale a few years back when they were clearing out pairs for $30. I know that CR had some espadrilles this summer, too, but they've probably all been replaced with winter stock now.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Journeyman thanks not the advise I need but as I’ve never previously owned a pair I’ll keep my eye out for a better price.

zhenjie

Reaction score
Kayjen Dylan in Singapore has an amazing deal(s) going on right now.

Free international shipping in addition to some stock fabrics on deep discounts. Just scored the Huddersfield Cotton MTM trousers for $205 SGD delivered! That's an amazing price from one of the best trouser makers in the world. A big step up from Luxire construction/quality/fit.

if you're not familiar with Kayjen Dylan and their related bespoke service, Dylan and Son, check out their IGs at

ovlov

Reaction score
Kayjen Dylan in Singapore has an amazing deal(s) going on right now.

Free international shipping in addition to some stock fabrics on deep discounts. Just scored the Huddersfield Cotton MTM trousers for $205 SGD delivered! That's an amazing price from one of the best trouser makers in the world. A big step up from Luxire construction/quality/fit.

if you're not familiar with Kayjen Dylan and their related bespoke service, Dylan and Son, check out their IGs at

Those discounts don't look all that deep, but the price is still pretty decent with free delivery. Would love to see some pics when they arrive. Has anyone else here tried these guys out? need some new pants myself but was planning on just getting them made locally.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Their stuff looks good. I'd try it myself but I can just get stuff made through my work, so I only really spend elsewhere on accessories or casualwear these days.

zhenjie

Reaction score
Those discounts don't look all that deep, but the price is still pretty decent with free delivery. Would love to see some pics when they arrive. Has anyone else here tried these guys out? need some new pants myself but was planning on just getting them made locally.

Rare to see this sort of discount from a Singapore tailor, especially of this calibre. Shipping last time set me back $55 SGD alone.

The pleats rule me out. We don’t all have child-bearing hips.

They could probably do flat fronts on request.

ovlov

Reaction score
Still umming and ahhing about pulling the trigger on trying out Orazio Luciano. Obviously there are no agents here, but a few (including OL themselves) do remote MTM. I have contacted Steve at Gentlemen's Fottwear about this and he said that he has had number of Aussie clients that have used him for OL MTM. he sends out test suits and we do measumrements and fitting via zooom or something.

HAs anyone here tried this option out with Gentlemen's footwear or anyone else? I'd love some feedback asto how it went, whether the fitting was successful, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads