• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arigold the lapel buttonhole looks machine made?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why u gotta savage me like that in front of everyone?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You caught me. The suit is really only $450 from suitsupply ?

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted any fits here. So here we go.

Hat: Akubra
Jacket: Canali
Shirt: Giampaolo Cucita a Mano
Tie: Tom Fort
Square: Drake's
Pants: Not sure - maybe Brax
Socks: Pantherella
Shoes: Crockett & Jones

I would love some more Insta followers, so please do check my sig.

View attachment 1383752

it would be easier if you just provide a clickable link, anyways, i have followed you.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it would be easier if you just provide a clickable link, anyways, i have followed you.

Thanks for following, I noticed that. I don't think clickable links to other social media are allowed under SF rules.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for live RnR streams on youtube for a Saturday night?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing my current corduroy trousers, from Charles Tyrwhitt and Land's End, for the past 8 - 10 years, and they're getting pretty worn. I'll have to retire them to weekend/casual wear rather than work.

I just noticed that Charles Tyrwhitt is currently selling pairs of wide-wale corduroy trousers for $39. If they're anything like the ones I've been wearing for the past decade, then that's a sensational deal and I just bought four pairs, in assorted colours.

So the question is - To cuff or not to cuff wide-wale corduroy trousers? Any opinions?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've always cuffed mine in the past, and I just bought the Charles Tyrwhitt trousers unfinished, in case I want to add cuffs.

However, I've been wearing Uniqlo's "vintage" chino pants uncuffed lately so I did wonder if I should just have plain hems on the cord trousers, too.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Journeyman Personally I wouldn’t cuff wide wale corduroy. IMMO it’s not a look that would suit the fabric. I have three pairs of cords of W-W blue, olive and tobacco on rotation at present.

Last edited:

Contango

Reaction score
30% off MJBale for Click Frenzy. Bought a whopping one tie. SuitSupply gets all my suit business nowadays, and shirts are all online MTM, MJB are just too restrictive with sizes. They should’ve learnt from the Jermyn St shirt makers to have more than one option in sleeve lengths.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
I want to buy a Barbour Beaufort (or Border/Northumbria). Does anyone know of any Aussie places that stock them? It's looking, at this stage, like I'll have to go through End.

30% off MJBale for Click Frenzy. Bought a whopping one tie. SuitSupply gets all my suit business nowadays, and shirts are all online MTM, MJB are just too restrictive with sizes. They should’ve learnt from the Jermyn St shirt makers to have more than one option in sleeve lengths.

That and to have something other than slim/extra slim cuts. The shirting fabrics have seemed pretty poor for the price lately too, at least from what I've seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads