• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experiences with Joe/TFC have always been good. I ordered a suit from B&Tailor a few years back - sizing was all wrong when delivered; Joe returned it to Seoul no less than twice, at no extra cost, until I was happy with the fit.

I've also purchased some items "off the rack" from TFC at one of their very rare stocktake sales, including a magnificent Valstarino suede jacket at probably less than half price.

@Lm90 if you have an issue, just go straight back to Joe and I'm sure he will do his best to fix it for you.

Disclosure: I have no financial interest or other affiliation with TFC.
This reminds me that I have one such jacket from his stocktake sale somewhere in the cupboard. Thanks Cox!

chatelet

Reaction score
What’s do others pay for taking in trouser waist by an inch or two? I’m in Sydney.

chatelet

Reaction score
I’m more a letting out of waist-band by 1-2 inches. Sigh.

$50
We all have our issues - I size up the waist because my thighs are enormous (and it is not muscle!). Hopefully taking in is cheaper but I’m not confident. Thanks for replying.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the Sydney recs. I ended up just catching an old friend for dinner at a pub, but I’m back soon and will try to stick around for the weekend and see some places. I’m also keen to have a look at Mawson Ossa: couldn’t cue it up this time alas.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a totally unrelated note, does anyone have a good source for shirting fabric boxer shorts? I used to buy Herringbone and then MJ Bale: the former is gone and the latter has stopped making them. Pink has some but they’ve got weird padded waistbands and are also like $70...

Lm90

Reaction score
Has anyone tried getting a button down shirt from Charles Nakhle? His photos show more traditional collars so I'm not sure if he's experienced with button downs.

Memo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried getting a button down shirt from Charles Nakhle? His photos show more traditional collars so I'm not sure if he's experienced with button downs.
I would have thought any bespoke shirt maker can make solid button downs - the shape and cut of the collar often comes down to personal preference.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a totally unrelated note, does anyone have a good source for shirting fabric boxer shorts? I used to buy Herringbone and then MJ Bale: the former is gone and the latter has stopped making them. Pink has some but they’ve got weird padded waistbands and are also like $70...

Schostal has an online shop.

Cassera is another brand, but you may have to do some googling to find an online retailer.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a good source for shirting fabric boxer shorts?

I'm pretty sure that Brooks Brothers make some, and they appear to be having a sale at the moment, too.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES! Brumbies 26 v Chiefs 14 wahoo!

aussiejake

Reaction score
Is Ekselman still the go-to in Melbourne for watch repairs? The Google reviews scare me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads