• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word of warning to all

PoP will be in Melbourne in a week or so.

Please treat him kindly - he supports Richmond.

OK youse down the back - Stop laughing.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitably Connected
is a Melbourne networking group, giving professionals from a range of industries a forum to expand their network against the backdrop of some fun and different events.

Our goal is to facilitate strong partnerships and networks for our members both personally and professionally.

We're proud supporters of Wear for Success, a not-for-profit that helps dress, groom and coach people suffering disadvantage in their efforts to find permanent employment.
All membership fees, ticket sales and funds raised through auctions are donated to Wear for Success.

You can become member for a yearly fee of $100 or $30 an event

Most events have free booze and nibbles. (Not that anyone here would come just for that)
Plus door prizes of clothes.
Plus you get to meet real people and clothing fanatics. (and see how their clothes fit in real life)

Sometimes it can be a pseudo clothes forum meet up.

Previous events have been launches of clothing lines, Henry Bucks, Sunspel etc. Usually sponsors offer discounts on the night.

Most importantly all funds go to Wear For Success

http://www.wearforsuccess.org.au/

Join us at our next event.

Oscar Hunt Tailors - Thursday 5 May 2016

http://suitablyconnected.org/
http://suitablyconnected.org/about-1/

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Put this in your diary.
The majority of clothes are women's but there is a small amount of men's stuff and its good and cheap. Some of it even iGent approved.

I can definitely agree with that. In previous sales, I have picked up; Kiton, Brioni, Ferragamo, Borrelli, Stefano Ricci, Marinella, Tallbott, Zegna, T&A, etc.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melbourne guitar heads John Scofield Trio is playing Brids Basement next week. Miss at your own peril. So pissed off as this appears to be his only Oz gigs.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what were the frame materials on either of your frames CD? buffalo? acetate? I'm still waiting for the day I pick up some genuine tortoise shell frames in a thrift shop

I found some on display at a hotel's sitting room in Bangkok. None for sale, though.

There were antique knick knacks which were immaculately exhibited in the library, sitting room, and dining room. Vintage trunks, taxidermy, notebooks, maps, books, mapping tools, optician's equipment.

herringbonePete

Reaction score

Suitably Connected
is a Melbourne networking group, giving professionals from a range of industries a forum to expand their network against the backdrop of some fun and different events.

Our goal is to facilitate strong partnerships and networks for our members both personally and professionally.

We're proud supporters of Wear for Success, a not-for-profit that helps dress, groom and coach people suffering disadvantage in their efforts to find permanent employment.
All membership fees, ticket sales and funds raised through auctions are donated to Wear for Success.

You can become member for a yearly fee of $100 or $30 an event

Most events have free booze and nibbles. (Not that anyone here would come just for that)
Plus door prizes of clothes.
Plus you get to meet real people and clothing fanatics. (and see how their clothes fit in real life)

Sometimes it can be a pseudo clothes forum meet up.

Previous events have been launches of clothing lines, Henry Bucks, Sunspel etc. Usually sponsors offer discounts on the night.

Most importantly all funds go to Wear For Success

http://www.wearforsuccess.org.au/

Join us at our next event.

Oscar Hunt Tailors - Thursday 5 May 2016

http://suitablyconnected.org/
http://suitablyconnected.org/about-1/

My wife says 'ah that's your poncing around event, isn't it?'

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Belstaff roadmaster. Still finding ways to wear it. But getting used to this style of jacket.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and pics, won't be to everyones taste but I think the above works alright.

I couldn't decide between olive / navy and sure enough by the time i'd decided today the spring20 no longer works >.< always the way when procrastinating on promos.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the update and pics, won't be to everyones taste but I think the above works alright.

I couldn't decide between olive / navy and sure enough by the time i'd decided today the spring20 no longer works >.< always the way when procrastinating on promos.

I think olive will age better. Get it from Mr Porter. It will be about $25 aud more. But much quicker delivery and you will get a garment bag to store it and the free White pocket square. I am expecting a Barbour liddesdale navy from end tomorrow.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really want one of those Brisbane umbrellas.

Would be so good in England.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads