1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. fxh

fxh Distinguished Member

I won't comment on someone who knows the price of a pRole-X

The boots - get them if you want all your trousers to hook up on the strap and buckle - all the time.

2. md2010

md2010 Distinguished Member

Get them. FYI I may have seen you few weeks ago in parramatta station around 7 pm. Wearing suit , tan filson and a stick umbrella. I remember that massive fup with train delays.

3. fxh

fxh Distinguished Member

Our thoughts and sympathies are with you.

4. smeggett

smeggett Senior Member

Met a fellow who works at RMW the other night in their procurement area. Was quite an interesting chat - apparently sales of the Signature Craftsmans have actually increased yoy since they hiked the price from $600 to $1000. Seems people find the boots more desirable the higher the price gets (well, to this point at least).

Apparently they have an MTO program as well which I never knew (and wouldn't bother with given the range of sizes and widths they already produce). Seems people like the idea of their 'own' personal polyurethane last. The world is indeed an interesting place.

5. Oli2012

Oli2012 Distinguished Member

Yeah definitely me.

6. md2010

RMW had a corporate discount with my employer of 20%off prepaid gift cards. They have terminated this program few weeks ago. I assume they might have done that with others as well. They obviously want to upmarket the brand.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

7. smeggett

smeggett Senior Member

I think that's the game for them. you've just triggered my memory again - it was mentioned that they have (or are close to) signed a deal with two US department stores to supply product. The downside is the quality required for them to supply to the US market will drop their (annual, monthly, ?? not sure - we were drinking Sparking Ale, but I'm going to go with annual) production from 750k boots to 500k boots. I'm guessing this is related to variation (or, rather a need for a lack thereof) in the final product - six sigma and all that.

So perhaps, not the best move unless increased margins make up for the reduced production.

8. fxh

fxh Distinguished Member

Smeggett, Coopers Original Sparkling Ale? I've gone back to it after all the "craft" beers and IPA.

9. apropos

apropos Distinguished Member

People are assholes.

10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

Remember playing beer hunter with Coopers grenades back in the early 80's.

The original craft beer still better than any commercial swill.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

11. md2010

End clothing has 20% off with spring20. Anyone fancy a belstaff roadmaster will come down to $830 shipped!

12. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Distinguished Member

Personally I'm a big fan of the "craft beer" phenomenon. Sure, beers with a lot of flavour (be it hops bitterness, malty sweetness or whatever) are not for everyone. In fact many of me moits scornfully eschew boutique labels in favour of good old VB or Reschs or whatever.

But it's great to have a wide choice available. These days it's unusual to go into a pub and not be able to order a draught beer that didn't come from either Lion Nathan or Foster's Brewing/CUB/whatever they're called now.

The duopoly had it too good for too long. I'm glad they now have some real competition from small, often family-owned independent breweries.

13. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Distinguished Member

Is the navy commander acceptable or is it a case of olive or bust?

14. Geoffrey Firmin

Craft beer is a good hipster phenomenon :bigstar: try Young Henry's at their Newtown micro brewery.

15. Geoffrey Firmin

Olive or bust IMHO.