• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sensuki

Reaction score
Okay, bit annoyed. Bought a rather nice Camel Hair coat before the lockdown sagas. Getting dressed this evening for drinks and dinner only to find the coat has been a banqueting hall.

Can anything be done about this mess, if so where in Melbourne area?
As the pile is as it is, suspect it is a right off.
View attachment 1821578 View attachment 1821579 View attachment 1821580

Meanwhile, selecting another coat.

Go and see Jenny Fei at Top Dr Do All on Collins st, she might be able to fix it for you (invisible mending)

edit: too late but the pics from the brisbane place look good!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in this?

It’s a Spier and Mackay, not Cavour. Just the wrong hanger lol

Bought it in 2020 but somehow doesn’t suit my aesthetic though I wanted it to. Negotiable within reason
3AAB2BF8-FA4B-49B1-BC60-0A96DAE8A1A4.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about this?

A Cavour sportcoat in size 38/48. Mod 1. Made in Italy. Love it but rarely wear green. Loro Piana fabric. Offloading it at 450AUD, a bloody good price given the cloth and the fact I’ve only worn it once. Shortened the sleeves to about 58.5 to 59cm, but there’s enough fabric to lengthen it again. Non working buttons which is good for alterations.

PM if interested.
22EE6A0C-1022-4B83-963A-A95C9790252B.jpeg
AD03ABD7-B84A-49F7-8C72-706E829B1EAB.jpeg

DCE31A3F-2871-414A-AE46-7B3C2922850B.jpeg

Howfener

Reaction score
Are there any classic menswear shops in Perth worth visiting? I’m over from the UK soon.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any classic menswear shops in Perth worth visiting? I’m over from the UK soon.
Not really. There are a few op shops that have some nice stuff but I would presume the UK would have a better selection of things. Dress circle in nedlands is nice for some luxury designer consignment stuff. Bodkins Bootery in fremantle for shoes is where I go for bespoke shoes for a reasonably low price. Edward mccann in Claremont is the tailor i use for m2m or bespoke. Apart from that nothing much unless you're looking for something specific. I highly recommend going to bodkins Bootery on the weekday and asking for nick. He is highly knowledgeable

RGLZ

Reaction score
Parker & Co
McKilroy
Khirzad (not sure if doing much mens anymore)
Marchesi
Providence (more USA, UK, Japan workwear inspired stuff)
Elroy (as above)
Terrace

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really want to sell these Cavour Mod 1 suits, one navy, one gray. Both sporting a subtle shadow puppy check pattern. Made in Italy. Medium rise trousers. Belt loops. Check my classified for more details.

To all Aussie members… name your price within reason (nothing ridiculous lol!)… Any takers?
6650F3C5-2EBD-481D-8731-275EB33946D5.jpeg

D22173BA-7D7D-4A5F-BB61-AF5506C07F99.jpeg

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a product for shaving cuts? I have been nicking myself a lot lately, with colder weather making skin a bit brittle. Managed to do so yesterday shortly before a client meeting which was not ideal.

I’ve tried alum pencils and styptic liquid, which both irritate my skin. Witch hazel is apparently good and non-irritating, however.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped into Henry Bucks after Dr’s appointment, was in search of Johnston of Elgin Cashmere, sadly they had just sold their last piece - Now no longer a stockist. Finding fewer and fewer reasons to even bother.
Also, the Canali ‘Hole-in-the-wall’ has now been replaced by Zegna.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a product for shaving cuts? I have been nicking myself a lot lately, with colder weather making skin a bit brittle. Managed to do so yesterday shortly before a client meeting which was not ideal.

I’ve tried alum pencils and styptic liquid, which both irritate my skin. Witch hazel is apparently good and non-irritating, however.

I use this when it occurs
590A48E5-1351-40FB-BF79-6289BDA8B54B.jpeg

RGLZ

Reaction score
Dropped into Henry Bucks after Dr’s appointment, was in search of Johnston of Elgin Cashmere, sadly they had just sold their last piece - Now no longer a stockist. Finding fewer and fewer reasons to even bother.
Also, the Canali ‘Hole-in-the-wall’ has now been replaced by Zegna.
AT for Johnston of Elgin cashmere

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads