• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors. Juan and his wife Margarita founded Capra Leather in 2015; the first project was a hand-stitched laptop sleeve, and since then they’ve added hand-stitching to every piece they design. Capra employs full grain leather that’s locally sourced, and their pieces are lined in suede.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The False Prophet

Reaction score
Might not be what you’re looking for, but button cuffs is - surprisingly - an option on SuitSupply custom trousers. No extra charge.
I have been thinking about getting some cotton trousers made that are on the dressier side - could be a winner.

Thanks for the Evans mention. Have an appointment to take in a couple of pairs of Lobbs that need attention. Will see how they do.
Manfreds have done good work - would recommend, but North Melbourne just isn’t as convenient as Royal Arcade.
Manfred is the guy for resoling, as far as I can tell. But Evans do beautiful sole guards: they use a high quality Topy-like product from Vibram and bevel the edges so it's not as obvious. Countersunk toe plates too (although I've had nails pop out sometimes).

I am looking at Edward Green for my next dress shoes, and rather than the factory leather-atop-rubber sole option, I think that I might get full leather and then have Evans add the Vibram layer. Easier and quicker to have replaced without sending overseas.

Scuppers

Reaction score
Okay, bit annoyed. Bought a rather nice Camel Hair coat before the lockdown sagas. Getting dressed this evening for drinks and dinner only to find the coat has been a banqueting hall.

Can anything be done about this mess, if so where in Melbourne area?
As the pile is as it is, suspect it is a right off.
A57F3E1E-BC94-4C94-A9E9-9741FF9C4AD2.jpeg
033B5843-C132-4669-910E-589FB488DAFD.jpeg
13473AD9-DED3-4A88-BA44-223294F7F6B9.jpeg

Meanwhile, selecting another coat.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, bit annoyed. Bought a rather nice Camel Hair coat before the lockdown sagas. Getting dressed this evening for drinks and dinner only to find the coat has been a banqueting hall.

View attachment 1821578 View attachment 1821579 View attachment 1821580

I know an invisible mender in perth that used to do invisible weaving for alot of high end menswear around Australia. I have not spoken to her in awhile but here is her contact

Attachments

Scuppers

Reaction score
I know an invisible mender in perth that used to do invisible weaving for alot of high end menswear around Australia. I have not spoken to her in awhile but here is her contact
Thanks for that!

btau

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a travelling tailor or shop in Brisbane that sells decent OTR dress shirts?

Seems like everywhere closed during COVID & we aren't big enough to have a suitsupply yet. Wondering if I should just fly interstate.

PDub

Reaction score

View attachment 1821578 View attachment 1821579 View attachment 1821580

Oof! That looks like some nasty damage but don't write it off yet. To second @The Chai's suggestion: Invisible mending!

I've had two repairs done by Yumi's Invisible Mending and have been more than happy with the results. Yumi is in Brisbane and I believe does repair on behalf of several retailers, but I contacted her directly. I posted my garments to her and it worked fine. You can see some of her work here:

Invisible Mending | The Fitting Room on Edward

The first repair she did for me was on a sport coat which had a 5-cent-piece-sized moth hole in the collar. The sport coat is a cashmere-silk blend Kiton (the moths always know to eat the most expensive thing in your wardrobe!). I don't have a 'before' shot, but the photo below shows the collar after her repair. The repair site is just to the right of the centre of the frame. The hole extended into the red over-check and and clearly showed up the off-white collar lining underneath. Now you can just see some slight irregularity in the houndstooth:

P8132261.JPG

The second repair was to a pair of flannel trousers. I fell and ripped a hole in the knee. Here's before:
P5252097.JPG

Here's the after:
P8132262.JPG

If you search for her online, you will get her phone number. If you or anyone has any trouble, feel free to PM me and I can pass on her details. I'm not an agent or anything, just a happy customer.

The False Prophet

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a travelling tailor or shop in Brisbane that sells decent OTR dress shirts?

Seems like everywhere closed during COVID & we aren't big enough to have a suitsupply yet. Wondering if I should just fly interstate.
Alas you just missed Trunk who were in town last week!

You’ll be able to get something okay from the establishment places: Mitchell Ogilvie in town or Harrisons in Racecourse Rd. Couldn’t tell you off the top of my head what they’re stocking but their websites will. Likely expensive but MO is on sale.

There’s also Richards and Richards in James St who have Isaia, but also their house label looks okay.

But, if you like SuSu and know your size, why not just buy online?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my navy six-one DB blazer from the Rake! Size 36!

Scuppers

Reaction score
Selling my navy six-one DB blazer from the Rake! Size 36!

36! I haven’t been a 36R for 10 years! Sorry, just this aging thing doesn’t agree with me.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two Cavour Mod 1 suits if anyone is interested!

Scuppers

Reaction score
Yeah she will reweave the panel where the moth holes are. I had a mohair fresco pants that got munched by a dog. After she was done with it you couldn't tell there was damage at all. She's is that good!
Blanche is quite retired and 87 to boot.

Scuppers

Reaction score

Oof! That looks like some nasty damage but don't write it off yet. To second @The Chai's suggestion: Invisible mending!

I've had two repairs done by Yumi's Invisible Mending and have been more than happy with the results. Yumi is in Brisbane and I believe does repair on behalf of several retailers, but I contacted her directly. I posted my garments to her and it worked fine. You can see some of her work here:

Invisible Mending | The Fitting Room on Edward

The first repair she did for me was on a sport coat which had a 5-cent-piece-sized moth hole in the collar. The sport coat is a cashmere-silk blend Kiton (the moths always know to eat the most expensive thing in your wardrobe!). I don't have a 'before' shot, but the photo below shows the collar after her repair. The repair site is just to the right of the centre of the frame. The hole extended into the red over-check and and clearly showed up the off-white collar lining underneath. Now you can just see some slight irregularity in the houndstooth:

View attachment 1821866

The second repair was to a pair of flannel trousers. I fell and ripped a hole in the knee. Here's before:
View attachment 1821868

Here's the after:
View attachment 1821869

If you search for her online, you will get her phone number. If you or anyone has any trouble, feel free to PM me and I can pass on her details. I'm not an agent or anything, just a happy customer.
Made contact, will post this week. Thanks for recommendation.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theprowatcheswbo