Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Sorry - yes, you are correct. Carry-on luggage is included in the cheap fare but if you wish to check in luggage (20kg per person), you'll have to pay an extra $90 each way, which also includes food, Qantas FF points and a few other things.

3. sliq

sliq Senior member

disagree. on our "cold" days which i'd say is below 18, i've got flannel and my cashmere overcoat on and that makes me comfortably warm! probably is like that for a good month and a half mid winter

4. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

If I remember correctly, last winter we had 3 continuous weeks where temperatures dropped to single digits in Sydney. I suspect that when people talk about flannels in Australia, they are not referring to pants.

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

6. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

Super tempted by Herrings version, I like the look of playboys on foot over traditional desert boots like Clarks. Only the Alden unlineds I like the look of as much.

7. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Just pulled trigger on a belstaff roadmaster olive from mr porter. I had been looking for one on sale for over a year. No luck .As much as I hate paying full retail-This was the last one in size 36. its better be worth it !

8. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Let me know how it goes. I was considering one for a while but decided to go with the Barbour International instead.

9. Arch3r

Arch3r Senior member

Thanks for the advice re shoes.

With regards to the ongoing Barbour debate, I have a commander which is awesome and which I would not part with. However I don't get much wear out of it. Typically weekends in deep winter and if I'm abroad. It is however a great lightweight jacket to pack if you want to stay warm and dry.

On pants-
    - Howard yont flannel
    - MJ Bale for beaters
    - panta if you have the $$
    - Incotex if you can find it on discount

A friend of mine has the most amazing flannel pants from suit shop. I think if you're considering spending $250+ you might as well go MTM.

10. Arch3r

Arch3r Senior member

I forgot to mention epaulet. I have a pair of their Donegal pants which are nice.

11. eightace

eightace Senior member

Luxire?

12. Arch3r

Arch3r Senior member

Well played, haven't used them myself but I've heard good things. MTM for less than any of the aforementioned OTR.

13. eightace

eightace Senior member

I just used them for the first time recently. I took the various prescribed measurements of a pair of trousers I really liked and plugged them into the Luxire site. I chose a fabric* in a colour that I thought I might like. 2 weeks later I had a brand new pair of pants that fit superbly.

*Trap for young players - when choosing a fabric, it's worth knowing something about fabric weights, as I inadvertently chose a very heavy fabric, only suitable for winter, so I haven't yet worn my new trousers.

I'll definitely buy again from Luxire. And now is a good time because of the (relatively high) AUD.

14. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Berg and Berg. THey have some very nice looking trousers made in Naples for sale, for a very reasonable cost.

15. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I think Jesus fxh has a few pair of Luxire unpants he had made up in VBC flannel.