• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1460595696594.png

Where to kop middle one?

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moderators: Could someone please revoke this bloke's SF membership
revolve.gif

NM,

I'm afraid that you must have confused me with someone else because (for once!) I didn't make any comment about wearing an M65, Barbour or oilskin with tailored clothing.

Ooops! Maybe I just like talking to you haha

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, if anyone is contemplating heading to Japan for a holiday, Jetstar is currently running a "fly one way, get the return leg free" sale, with return flights to Japan from $349 (depending on your departure point).

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/japan-return-for-free

It looks as though school holidays are excluded (naturally), but you can pick up flights from now through to December this year. If you want to bring carry on luggage, you'll need to pay an extra $90 each leg, but a return flight to Japan for $529 is still pretty damned good!

The deal finishes next Tuesday, 19 April.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to buy quality dress trouser in Melbourne conservative business dress?

After dark gray; gray flannel pants.

I gather you are looking for off the rack.

Depending on your budget and how fashion forward or conservative you want to go

Country Road/Trenery
Hugo Boss/ Polo Ralph
Harrolds / Armani
Henry Bucks/ Brooks Brother / MJ Bale
I've only seen (proper) woollen flannel, as opposed to worsted, at American Tailors occasionally, and Henry Bucks almost always some. From memory HBs was around $300+

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

UnamedPlayer could also check out American Tailors if they're still open.

Managed to snag some Hiltl cord at the op shop recently, have to take the waist in though a size up from some grey slacks I'd bought from Henry Bucks a while back.

I agree with lachyzee on the overcoat debate I'm a fan of macs and single-breasted coats I feel like they're the best modern alternative to heavier outerwear. I do like the m65 look sometimes though.

Speaking of desert boots anyone ever own one of those Trickers "Playboy" style chukkas or anyother chukka with similar styling (crepe sole, no heel)?

They do have a heel and that bit up the side (foxing I think its been called - not sure) isn't all sole but is the crepe run up the side as a sort of protection.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty stoked to check out Ai Wei Wei x Warhol in Melbourne this weekend
Its not that great but you can spend and entertaining 2 hours there. I think there's still a small clothing exhibition upstairs associated with the "Blue" exhibition IIRC. Strangely they had info and clothes and dying with indigo etc from centuries ago but nothing on denim!!!

Its also Record Shop Day tomorrow and Melbourne has millions of record shops - many with live gigs tomorrow- check out the maps of what's on. There's a fair few shops within walking distance of the "Arts Precinct"

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By the way, if anyone is contemplating heading to Japan for a holiday, Jetstar is currently running a "fly one way, get the return leg free" sale, with return flights to Japan from $349 (depending on your departure point).
http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/japan-return-for-free
It looks as though school holidays are excluded (naturally), but you can pick up flights from now through to December this year. If you want to bring carry on luggage, you'll need to pay an extra $90 each leg, but a return flight to Japan for $529 is still pretty damned good!
The deal finishes next Tuesday, 19 April.
Do you mean checked luggage is extra?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads