• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
as in whether someone has bought it at a shopfront/bricks and mortar store, OR online locally as Gerry has linked, OR are you seeking information from someone in Australia who has experience with the product who can review/give their 2 cents? Your post was rather ambiguous.

Thanks sliq, I appreciate that my question was less precise than you might prefer. I'm really after information from someone who has bought Bick 4 from an Australian retailer (either online or preferably at a "bricks and mortar" shop).

Obviously, I can use google, and perhaps less obviously I did. Google had a few options but none of them were to my liking so I thought I would ask around and this seemed like the best option.

I did expect a few "smart-arsed" comments. I am not an opponent of smart-arsery, I'm quite prone to it myself. Though there is always a risk in written text that the recipient can't hear the friendly tone of the comment without resorting to things like this. ?

eightace

Reaction score
A photo from today:

For SF.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had forgotten how messy very young children are until recently. I had stain of some description on a polo shirt and gave it wash and no joy the spot was still there. Granny GF interceded with a recipe of dishwashing liquid scrub it on, then add vanish leave for 24 hours and wash item in hot water. Lo and behold ”out damn spot”

Previously had been using Eucalyptus Oil and wash in hot water.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had forgotten how messy very young children are until recently. I had stain of some description on a polo shirt and gave it wash and no joy the spot was still there. Granny GF interceded with a recipe of dishwashing liquid scrub it on, then add vanish leave for 24 hours and wash item in hot water. Lo and behold ”out damn spot”

I’ve had good success with Sard on a screw out stick. Make a thick paste and scrub it in both sides with a toothbrush and leave 24 hours or less. Wash as usual.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

will try this, have a very stubborn stain on white shorts. Even after using bleach, it still remains :/

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m with Gerry. If you’re unlikely going to reach for it to wear because the colour isn’t one that you fancy, you’re unlikely to get much wear of it so it’s a no from me.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I’m with Gerry. If you’re unlikely going to reach for it to wear because the colour isn’t one that you fancy, you’re unlikely to get much wear of it so it’s a no from me.
Thanks for the feedback all. Will continue to mull over it.
Don't buy it because of the price. Buy it because you can see yourself wearing it and it goes with with you have.

as a counterpoint, I wasn't sure about green sportcoats before I picked up an ethomas slub from spier mackay at a price I couldn’t refuse. Ended up becoming one of the most worn pieces in my wardrobe.

Good sales can sometimes be a great opportunity to experiment with styles you haven’t considered before, especially if (like me) you aren’t great at visualizing new outfits

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads