• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

chatelet

Reaction score
PSA: Anyone heard of Cavour? They’re an affiliate here. Like Spier and Mackay, but a bit pricier because most of their wares are made in Italy. They’ve got some gorgeous jackets and suits with the usual SF features: spalla camicia, soft shoulders, wide lapels etc. Good fabric too: VBC, Loro Piana etc. These usually retail for about $710 - $890 USD, but they’re having a 30% sale now, which is quite substantial.

You’re welcome 😉
And unlike S&M: they ship by DHL, shipping is not extortionate (in fact free over a certain limit), and return shipping is also free.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Are Gurkha shorts the new Cargo shorts? Any recommendations on brands. I used to own some ex Oz Army Bombay Bloomers. But sadly there are no military surplus stores anymore or have gone online?
I picked up a pair from Mitchell’s adventure in Sydney city. Not sure what stock looks like now though.https://www.mitchellsadventure.com/military/clothing/pants---trousers/australian-army-gurkha-shorts-(as-new)/ectg007.aspx

Scuppers

Reaction score
Are Gurkha shorts the new Cargo shorts? Any recommendations on brands. I used to own some ex Oz Army Bombay Bloomers. But sadly there are no military surplus stores anymore or have gone online?
aren’t you in Melbourne? Glenferrie Road, under the railway station (Glenferrie)?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And unlike S&M: they ship by DHL, shipping is not extortionate (in fact free over a certain limit), and return shipping is also free.
Yeah... Now that I’m doing more online shopping again, I’m noticing a distinct difference in quality of service between DHL and UPS.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uniqlo?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo had some as part of a collaboration but they weren't proper Gurkha shorts, as the straps were just side adjusters, rather than actually fastening the waistband.

I have a pair that I bought from Brooks Brothers some years back - I'm not sure if they're still part of BB's range.

It is worth noting, though, that although Gurkha shorts are comfy, they are an absolute pain in the backside if you need to take them off quickly.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Bronson MFG. I have the long pant version and those are excellent value for money.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some lovely flannels on the Cavour web store... but flannel in Sydney??? 😅😅😅 I’d bake! What do y’all think? Is there a place for flannel here?

sensuki

Reaction score
I live in Melbourne but I have some 360g rtw woollen flannels that are unlined and they are wearable up to ~25 degrees celsius

Goliath123

Reaction score
Hello all

Kieran the cobbler here, checking in as I had heard there was mention of my name here and I figured it was time to step up to the styleforum game. Very grateful for the kind words that have been said about me all ready. Feels quite surreal to see my work posted with good reviews. Looking forward to talking shoes with anyone interested haha

Been looking at traditional cowboy makers to learn a few things and came across securing shanks with thread, just something new and exciting you don't learn everyday you know. Looking forward to putting that into practise for the next victim of the squeaky shank!!

Anyway, looking forward to many future shoe conversations!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.