• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all... got a question about Kamakura shirts.

If I’m a 39/15.5 in your usual shirt sizing, and the neck size is fine, but the sleeve length is a tad bit long... what sizing would I be looking at with Kamakura? So many sizing options there it boggles the mind.

I know some of us have tried them out before, which is why I’m asking

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’m a 39/15.5 in your usual shirt sizing, and the neck size is fine, but the sleeve length is a tad bit long... what sizing would I be looking at with Kamakura? So many sizing options there it boggles the mind.
I personally haven't worn any Kamakura shirts, because I've been deterred by the variety of sizing options that you mentioned. However, a couple of friends have shirts from them, and they both experienced some sleeve shrinkage but, interestingly, no collar shrinkage. One of them had to give away his shirts as a result, as the sleeves became too short.

So if in doubt, go with a bit of a longer sleeve length.

I actually tried on a couple of Kamakura shirts (or Maker's Shirt, as it's called in Japan) in their original Kamakura store at Christmastime, but they didn't have my size and they advised me to go to one of the stores in Tokyo to try on different sizes. Unfortunately, I never happened to be in the vicinity of one of their Tokyo stores, so I still don't know my size!

flashjack

Reaction score

You may want to look at their "Tokyo slim fit", they've got shorter sleeves and a shorter body length than their New York fit.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks JM and flashjack... I might hold off for now. Too confusing for me befuddled brain 😂

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From memory, the Kamakura Shirts website does have a "size comparison" feature, so you can choose from a few different brands in which you know your fit already, and it will then tell you what size you should take in Kamakura.

coldbrew

Reaction score

coldbrew

Reaction score
Hi gents,

I needwant some dress gloves.

Has anyone got any recommendations?
Merola is quite nice. Got a pair of peccary gloves for around 2 years, quality is pretty good. Should have bought an unlined one, my cashmere lined one is just a bit too hot for the Australian winter.

coldbrew

Reaction score
Hey gents looking for hair product recommendations.

I’ve got relatively straight Asian hair which I side part and sweep up and to one side. Nothing fancy.

Have been sparingly using a single tub of pink Gatsby wax for 3 years. It’s matte finish and ?medium strength hold.

What’s an inexpensive similar (or superior) product which might be accessible in QLD?
Uppercut will get the job done.

ryanohare

Reaction score
I personally haven't worn any Kamakura shirts, because I've been deterred by the variety of sizing options that you mentioned. However, a couple of friends have shirts from them, and they both experienced some sleeve shrinkage but, interestingly, no collar shrinkage. One of them had to give away his shirts as a result, as the sleeves became too short.

So if in doubt, go with a bit of a longer sleeve length.

I actually tried on a couple of Kamakura shirts (or Maker's Shirt, as it's called in Japan) in their original Kamakura store at Christmastime, but they didn't have my size and they advised me to go to one of the stores in Tokyo to try on different sizes. Unfortunately, I never happened to be in the vicinity of one of their Tokyo stores, so I still don't know my size!
EDIT.

ryanohare

Reaction score

boot_owl

Reaction score

Heldan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a suit. Budget $600-$900 or any shop I could rent from ? I just need one for a week end >_<
I had a look on Suitsupply but I don't like their current collection

ovlov

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a suit. Budget $600-$900 or any shop I could rent from ? I just need one for a week end >_<
What for? Where are you? When do you need it? You won't get much useful help unless you add some detail.

chatelet

Reaction score
This is what MJ Bale is built for. Widely available, fits your budget (and much less if discounted), and lasts about one weekend (that last bit is unfair but you get my point - don’t stress too much if it’s something you’ll wear infrequently).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.