• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nakky

Reaction score
looking for mtm suits around 1000aud with VBC or Reda level fabrics in Sydney, any recommendation pls?
If you stretch it a bit more you can get MTM from The Finery Company in Paddington.

My wife is getting a suit made and from the first fitting the MTM looks great

RGLZ

Reaction score
Got some shoes out on consignment if anyone is interested in fair priced Aldens:

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Last week I went to the office for the first time since the start of March. Tore a hole in my shirt sleeve while putting it on 😢. Looks like I gotta lose a couple kilos.

gazzatheoriginal

Reaction score
Evening Gents. I purchased a lovely jacket from T&A, however, it does need some alterations. Wondering if someone could kindly recommend a tailor in the Sydney CBD. Did a quick search and found M&R tailoring or TopStitch. Cheers in advance

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evening Gents. I purchased a lovely jacket from T&A, however, it does need some alterations. Wondering if someone could kindly recommend a tailor in the Sydney CBD. Did a quick search and found M&R tailoring or TopStitch. Cheers in advance
Fridon - fantastic alterations tailor in the Trust Building, 1st floor, corner King and Castlereagh.

Contango

Reaction score
M&R for me. I haven’t tried Fridon as mentioned above, but I would certainly trust a recommendation from @Coxsackie

sensuki

Reaction score
Flush solid brass toe taps on my cigar aldens by Kieran the cobbler. The brass taps are completely flat unlike the lulu steel ones so they don’t sit perfectly on the sides, but this will wear flat. bonus pic of new Winson engineer boots
I just received my Wolverine 1000 Mile back from Kieran, full resole with JR leather+heel

Turned out really well

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all... how’s everyone in VIC? Hope you guys are going ok.

Here’s a useful tip for those who use the SuitSupply custom made (not MTM) service: if you order in-store with a sales rep, they can actually include minor alterations like shortening the sleeve and trousers lengths at no extra cost. This beats ordering the suit online and having to do the alterations afterward, which means extra cost, and a suboptimal result for those like me, who need the jacket sleeves (all of which come with working buttons) shortened.

Also, once they have your alterations on record, you can get around the need to make your nect custom purchase in-store by sending them your request - fabric, buttons, lining, size etc - via email, and then purchasing a gift card in the name of your assigned sales consultant. They will then put in the order for you, incorporating the alterations you requested in your last garment. Useful for those members who either aren’t in SYD or don’t want to risk a trip to the city in this climate.

jameswang

Reaction score
looking for relatively cheap flush mounted toe plates for my new shoes in Sydney, mister minit can't do that and baxter black cost 100aud. Roger in Redfern also don't do this.

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hayel and Son
301/250 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000 just before Park St.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.