• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My barber in Civic has closed his doors.:brick::censored: I’ve been seeing him for about six years or more. Any one in Canberra able to recommend a decent barber on the North Side?

jameswang

Reaction score
looking for mtm suits around 1000aud with VBC or Reda level fabrics in Sydney, any recommendation pls?

ovlov

Reaction score
looking for mtm suits around 1000aud with VBC or Reda level fabrics in Sydney, any recommendation pls?
Oscar Hunt starts at 1k with Dugdale Brothers cloths starting at $1200. The range at that price point is pretty limited but if you are looking to start a business wardrobe there are plenty of good options there. I was in there yesterday gearing up to rebuild my own work rotation from scratch. Wanted to start with a simple Navy to get the ball rolling and found 4 or 5 options in the 1200 range. Also decided on another navy wide chalkstripes DB from Dugdales traveller fresco flannel which was a bit more but didn't break the bank. There was a Dugdale flannel book around the 1200 mark as well I think if that's your thing.

jameswang

Reaction score
Oscar Hunt starts at 1k with Dugdale Brothers cloths starting at $1200. The range at that price point is pretty limited but if you are looking to start a business wardrobe there are plenty of good options there. I was in there yesterday gearing up to rebuild my own work rotation from scratch. Wanted to start with a simple Navy to get the ball rolling and found 4 or 5 options in the 1200 range. Also decided on another navy wide chalkstripes DB from Dugdales traveller fresco flannel which was a bit more but didn't break the bank. There was a Dugdale flannel book around the 1200 mark as well I think if that's your thing.
thanks mate ! I will have a look.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Hey gents looking for hair product recommendations.

I’ve got relatively straight Asian hair which I side part and sweep up and to one side. Nothing fancy.

Have been sparingly using a single tub of pink Gatsby wax for 3 years. It’s matte finish and ?medium strength hold.

What’s an inexpensive similar (or superior) product which might be accessible in QLD?

ovlov

Reaction score
Hey gents looking for hair product recommendations.

I’ve got relatively straight Asian hair which I side part and sweep up and to one side. Nothing fancy.

Have been sparingly using a single tub of pink Gatsby wax for 3 years. It’s matte finish and ?medium strength hold.

What’s an inexpensive similar (or superior) product which might be accessible in QLD?
Haha! I used to use that stuff religiously, until I started running out of hair :( last i checked though the local placein chinatown here in Adelaide where my wife gets her stuff stcoked the Gtasby Pink. If you cant find it in QLD i'd be happpy to check back in and ship you oome if they still stock it.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Haha! I used to use that stuff religiously, until I started running out of hair :( last i checked though the local placein chinatown here in Adelaide where my wife gets her stuff stcoked the Gtasby Pink. If you cant find it in QLD i'd be happpy to check back in and ship you oome if they still stock it.
Looks like there’s a store on the Southside in Brisbane that stocks it. Thanks for the offer! On some brief internet reading it looks like Gatsby wax is a legitimately good wax for my type of hair so I might stick with it

Scuppers

Reaction score
Pluck a duck, Melbourne, are you trying finish me off? YAY, 6 more weeks of walls closing in. Flinders, here I come.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.