• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Myers? Store of the perpetual sale, good for jocks and socks. Chesty Bonds, wife beaters or Jackie Howe for the politically correct are now cheaper in Woolworths.

Steepleman

Reaction score
What's so bad about Myer? Sure, their ties are all nasty embroidered stuff and their socks as short as possible (seriously—does no one wear normal-length socks anymore apart from schoolboys and girls?) but they are all right for casual wear.

Contango

Reaction score
Even if some of the stock is fine you’re inevitably unable to buy it due to the lack of checkout staff.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking ahead to summer anyone own Drake Espardrilles?

Just after an opinion on fit. Are they a broad or slim width?

ryanohare

Reaction score
50% off Christian Kimber's stuff in the Harrolds sale today if anyone's interested.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking ahead to summer anyone own Drake Espardrilles?

Just after an opinion on fit. Are they a broad or slim width?
I know that you only asked for an opinion on fit, GF, but I'd have a really hard time paying more than about $50 for a pair of espadrilles.

I stocked up on about eight pairs during a Country Road sale a few years back when they were clearing out pairs for $30. I know that CR had some espadrilles this summer, too, but they've probably all been replaced with winter stock now.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Journeyman thanks not the advise I need but as I’ve never previously owned a pair I’ll keep my eye out for a better price.

zhenjie

Reaction score
Kayjen Dylan in Singapore has an amazing deal(s) going on right now.

Free international shipping in addition to some stock fabrics on deep discounts. Just scored the Huddersfield Cotton MTM trousers for $205 SGD delivered! That's an amazing price from one of the best trouser makers in the world. A big step up from Luxire construction/quality/fit.

if you're not familiar with Kayjen Dylan and their related bespoke service, Dylan and Son, check out their IGs at

ovlov

Reaction score
Kayjen Dylan in Singapore has an amazing deal(s) going on right now.

Free international shipping in addition to some stock fabrics on deep discounts. Just scored the Huddersfield Cotton MTM trousers for $205 SGD delivered! That's an amazing price from one of the best trouser makers in the world. A big step up from Luxire construction/quality/fit.

if you're not familiar with Kayjen Dylan and their related bespoke service, Dylan and Son, check out their IGs at
Those discounts don't look all that deep, but the price is still pretty decent with free delivery. Would love to see some pics when they arrive. Has anyone else here tried these guys out? need some new pants myself but was planning on just getting them made locally.

zhenjie

Reaction score
Those discounts don't look all that deep, but the price is still pretty decent with free delivery. Would love to see some pics when they arrive. Has anyone else here tried these guys out? need some new pants myself but was planning on just getting them made locally.
Rare to see this sort of discount from a Singapore tailor, especially of this calibre. Shipping last time set me back $55 SGD alone.

The pleats rule me out. We don’t all have child-bearing hips.
They could probably do flat fronts on request.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.