• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ovlov

Reaction score
30% off MJBale for Click Frenzy. Bought a whopping one tie. SuitSupply gets all my suit business nowadays, and shirts are all online MTM, MJB are just too restrictive with sizes. They should’ve learnt from the Jermyn St shirt makers to have more than one option in sleeve lengths.

Brooks Brothers sale seems much better anyway. Though some of their original prices are a bit excessive. Before this week I'd never shopped with either, though BBs seems to have a better rep for quality around here right? (Hope so since i just ordered 3 shirts!)

zhenjie

Reaction score
I want to buy a Barbour Beaufort (or Border/Northumbria). Does anyone know of any Aussie places that stock them? It's looking, at this stage, like I'll have to go through End.

Pickings and Parry had Bedale and Ashby on their racks today, I didn't see the Beaufort or Border, but you could give them a ring and see.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers sale seems much better anyway. Though some of their original prices are a bit excessive. Before this week I'd never shopped with either, though BBs seems to have a better rep for quality around here right? (Hope so since i just ordered 3 shirts!)

Which "cut" did you get the shirts in? Regent? Milano? Something else?

Unfortunately, it seems that Brooks Brothers is pulling out of the Australian market. Someone in this thread said that they received an e-mail a few weeks back to say that BB was not going to re-open its Melbourne store (or stores), and then a day or two ago I read elsewhere that BB is also going to close its Sydney stores, including its flagship store in Martin Place.

I think that's sad, but unfortunately not that surprising. I just hope that they re-open easy access to the US website and offer direct shipping from the US to Australia.

ovlov

Reaction score
Which "cut" did you get the shirts in? Regent? Milano? Something else?

Unfortunately, it seems that Brooks Brothers is pulling out of the Australian market. Someone in this thread said that they received an e-mail a few weeks back to say that BB was not going to re-open its Melbourne store (or stores), and then a day or two ago I read elsewhere that BB is also going to close its Sydney stores, including its flagship store in Martin Place.

I think that's sad, but unfortunately not that surprising. I just hope that they re-open easy access to the US website and offer direct shipping from the US to Australia.

Regent fit. They were all casual button-downs. Thought i should check out what the OG OCBD was like. @$240rrp for the standard OCBDs though I can understand why BB hasn't performed that well here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I won’t miss BB stores. I for the most part bought most of my BB trousers, shirts, ties ect from the USA. Best score was the Cordovan wallet half price in a Xmas sale. Who knows maybe one day the Pacific Peso might be worth something against the Greenback.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Personally I won’t miss BB stores. I for the most part bought most of my BB trousers, shirts, ties ect from the USA. Best score was the Cordovan wallet half price in a Xmas sale. Who knows maybe one day the Pacific Peso might be worth something against the Greenback.

Yeah, I've never bought Brooks from Australia either. All the best stuff was never available in the stores/on the site here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regent fit. They were all casual button-downs. Thought i should check out what the OG OCBD was like. @$240rrp for the standard OCBDs though I can understand why BB hasn't performed that well here.

I hope that they fit well. The Regent cut is not really slim but it's not generous, either.

The Malaysian-made OCBDs cost AUD$180 or $190 at full price. The US-made OCBDs cost AUD$240 at full price.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a Barbour Beaufort (or Border/Northumbria). Does anyone know of any Aussie places that stock them? It's looking, at this stage, like I'll have to go through End.

That and to have something other than slim/extra slim cuts. The shirting fabrics have seemed pretty poor for the price lately too, at least from what I've seen.
You can score alot of vintage barbours of ebay for 200ish AUD...the sizing for me has been spot on

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
You can score alot of vintage barbours of ebay for 200ish AUD...the sizing for me has been spot on

I usually would buy vintage, but in this case am not willing to shell out a couple hundred to buy something for which I'm not certain of the fit, and not be able to return or exchange. I've never tried one on before.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually would buy vintage, but in this case am not willing to shell out a couple hundred to buy something for which I'm not certain of the fit, and not be able to return or exchange. I've never tried one on before.
I bought my barbours on a blind buy basis. I think they are pretty true to size and roomy anyway like an overcoat. They are designed to fit another coat underneath so I doubt you’ll go wrong. Anyways brand new costs way more

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
I bought my barbours on a blind buy basis. I think they are pretty true to size and roomy anyway like an overcoat. They are designed to fit another coat underneath so I doubt you’ll go wrong. Anyways brand new costs way more

Found a brand new Classic Beaufort in C44 for $389 shipped. Pulled the trigger, seller has a decent exchange policy.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
Found a brand new Classic Beaufort in C44 for $389 shipped. Pulled the trigger, seller has a decent exchange policy.
I like the Beaufort for everything outdoors and camping except for winters because of the lack of side pockets. That’s where the bedale comes in

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ashby has polyester lined sleeves. I perspire a fair bit when wearing it :/

Contango

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing off a Barbour Lutz or Chelsea lately, the Chelsea just looks like it’s not so slim fit and is maybe a little short though, anyone have experience with either?

Kicking myself I didn’t buy one when Henry Bucks had them 30% off recently.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll miss them. The sales were great and the staff were really good. Didn't buy heaps from them but it was nice to go in and actually eyeball stuff and chat to people in person (remember those days?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads